Droopy wings

We did when it first dropped below freezing about a month ago for a week but have not had it on since except Sunday night when she was still wet from the bath.
I asked because length of daylight triggers their cycle but a week after she started developing eggs the light would not have done that. She has never layed this early before, that pen normally wouldn't start until after most of the other pens started laying. I am at a loss, I have no ideas on how to help other than what I have shared already. Maybe there are some useful threads in the Emergency forum.

I thought turning off the light would reset her internal clock. I gave her another dose of sq calcium this morning.

She weighs 4.7 lbs, here is a pic of her tonight

A4C8B096-1BD1-48A5-A5A7-C32B6956E21F.jpeg

Will re-weigh her in the morning outside instead of in the coop with the shavings and sand base. They are getting Purina layena omega3 this is the highest calcium I could get, the local tractor supply does not always have game feed. I am thinking of adding ultra kibble to increase the protein, thoughts? Found a thread by deerman about feeding peafowl and made a lot of sense.

I think her body score is between a 1 and 2. She does not show any symptoms of a respiratory infections or cankors. She was wormed in December with Ivermectin. Her poop looks good. We have LA 200 but no tylan, have not been able to find any. Would 3/4cc sq be too much for her?

Next how do I get her to eat.....I tried some peanuts and she ate them. The peanuts were easy to put on the roost, this is why I tried them.

Last edited:
Have given her a dose of All in One and put it In the water for the pen. She does not display any signs of a respiratory infection, she was eating with the flock this morning, we take the leftover feed from the day before and use it as a scratch.

Back
Top Bottom