Droopy wings

Marmack

Songster
7 Years
Dec 18, 2016
Bullock, NC
6E21B0D5-BF0A-40AA-91BC-E9A740D3FD0E.jpeg
8E88977D-1283-473E-A21C-D89086EA69AC.jpeg
Came home this evening to one of our peahens with her wing feathers down and makes it look as if her butt is higher than her shoulders. They were just wormed with Ivermectin the beginning of December. I do not hear or see any abnormal breathing, wheezing, or sniffling. Any suggestions, this is the first time I have seen her standing like this. I did put paper under her to collect any overnight feces.

How old is she? She is either sick or she is going to lay an egg tonight. Is she tame enough for you to catch?

Edited to add:
Yeah, I know laying season is over, but some of them will lay eggs in November, December, or January, especially if you have lights in their pen/coop (I have one doing the same thing).

BYC is the best, did a search on Calcium Gluconate, popped up an old thread from May 2015 started by Dylansmom.
A lot of information in this thread.
I should give 2 ml calcium gluconate under the skin? How often should I repeat? She does not seem dehydrated and is drinking.
She finally laid an egg but she definitely needs Calcium. Ordered from TSC will pick up when I go to work and give it to her tomorrow night.
Have to take my lab to the vet tomorrow, hoping the vet with avian experience is working.

After 2 days of calcium 5 ml Sunday orally and 2ml Monday SQ, she released the egg.
She was put on Purina Layena for egg layers 2 weeks ago, there is free choice calcium, anything else I can do proactively to help prevent this with the next egg?

Today she is 5 tomorrow she is 6 along with the horses on the farm. She has laid 2 eggs several weeks ago and I do have heat lamps on when is it below 40, We have just had several warm days and now is dropping back to the normal 40-50 degree days and freezing overnight,

Today she is 5 tomorrow she is 6 along with the horses on the farm. She has laid 2 eggs several weeks ago and I do have heat lamps on when is it below 40, We have just had several warm days and now is dropping back to the normal 40-50 degree days and freezing overnight,
I think she's okay then, just gonna lay an egg. If she doesn't lay tonight or tomorrow you should catch her and very gently check just inside her vent to see if she has an egg.

Back
Top Bottom