Drop-offs (**New Pics on Pg 4!**) ***Homes Found for all!

Oh, I LOVE the pup! He sure looks like farm dog material!
Thats awful about drop off. We live on the edge of town and STILL get drop offs because everyone knows I am a softie. I cant begin to start with how many dogs and cats I have placed.
sad.png

A little over a year ago (we still have this cat) someone even dumped a cat off while we were standing there!!! They almost ran over it too. We got the license plate number but nobody would do a darn thing.
sad.png

I know - they're adorable! I am having trouble not letting them come in the house for the night! My hubby would not be happy if he came home to find them all in here, though! I will wait a few days and then the puppy will probably have to go to the pound or another shelter (although a lot of places are packed now... with people losing their homes and such, they're getting a lot of animals in). I would be tempted to keep him, but hubby already said no. No place will take cats, though. So, I have a feeling we'll end up with a few more farm cats if I can't find someone to keep them.

This is the first time in a long time I've gotten any drop-offs. I've rescued other animals before, but the people I got them from had the decency to call me and ask if I would take them rather than just dump them at my house. The last real drop off I got was a cat someone dumped near my parents' house when I was 12 or so. I loved that cat! She died years ago now.

Thanks Asher for sharing pics of your drop-off kitty! She looks really sweet!

Well, I would offer to give him a home in a heartbeat if we lived closer. He looks almost identical to the dog they had out on my grandparents farm when I was growing up. Great dog!!

I am 2 and a half hours away I would gladly take him, we live on a 100 acre dairy farm!! He is soo cute, but still that's a long way for a stray dog...I hope you do not send him to the pound or a shelter.........I know someone just dropped him off but they are no good for dogs....he looks like such a sweetheart!! I'd love to have him!

-Nicole

Quote:
You could always make a "road trip" out of it.?
smile.png
Sometimes a Good Deed is Immeasurable in value...... imagine what a Great life you'd give the puppy... if you'd take the time & spend the gas to get him? You could always make a day of it & stop by Western PA & visit the popular Grove City Outlets. Maybe she'd even be willing to meet you somewhere to lessen your trip?

I too have my animals from unwanted drop offs or rescues. But it's hard when you've had your fill & 'one more' is found, Sick owners are so cruel. :mad: I even have a cat who was 'dumped' here who was a thin Siamese mix & after we ignored him for a bit, thinking he was someone's cat who needed to return home....... after a bit we were stunned to see him eating dry macaroni & cheese dust from a cheese packet in the garbage -that we knew he was a stray......... we ultimately noticed he was even DECLAWED on his front paws!!!! & neutered. After having asked all our neighbors we knew he wasn't a wandering owned cat
sad.png
Poor thing would've starved to death left on his own, he was so skinny & thin you could feel his boney ribs & back, just SO SAD. But now he's added to our "animal zoo" & is my husband's best buddy
smile.png
& loves our other animals too.
wink.png

We had that happen with a Siamese stray too. I had never seen a cat so skinny!!
Nicole, I say go for it! I think the pup would be worth the gas money.

Now, how in the world could you say NO to those adorable faces?

I don't think it's right for people to assume and drop them off like that either, but then I am a big sucker when something like that shows up on my doorstep also.

If I was closer to ya, I'd say bring em on over. Good luck on your desicions.

Quote:
Where are you? If you would really like to have him, I'm sure that we could work something out. I really want him to have a good home. He is a sweet little guy. If you don't want to post your town on here, you can always send me a private message.

Back
Top Bottom