Dropped egg on day 9 (chicky egg)! Advice?

ElfenLied89

Crowing
May 30, 2023
South Carolina
Hey all. I was candling my eggs to mark the air cell, and one rolled right off and smacked the floor. Luckily it hit my leg a bit first but it still hit the floor. It is badly cracked, but no leakage or anything. I did seal it with nail polish. It's all I had near me and I panicked. I was told nail polish can help seal cracks. Idk how big of cracks but I tried to put as much as I could on there. There is a picture below of said egg after repairs.

Any advice? Anyone have any experience with eggs like this? I am hoping I didn't kill him or her and might be able to still see their cute fluff on hatch day. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 20231029_184752.jpg
    20231029_184752.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 25
How is your embryo developing?
I'm not sure what the ingredients of your nailpolish are, but
in this article they tested the influence of several substances on hatchebility. Some not such a big problem, others decreased the hatchebility or embryonic growth in early stages of development. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6546447/
As it is an olive egg, idk. It was already hard to see into in the early stages. Now I can't see in any of my olive eggs. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I gently lifted the egg a bit earlier and tried to gently candle but still nothing. I will continue to candle daily if possible. It should be fine to leave it in there as long as it doesn't leak right? It survived the auto turning last night and early this morning. I believe my auto turner goes off every 3 to 4 hours.

As it is an olive egg, idk. It was already hard to see into in the early stages. Now I can't see in any of my olive eggs. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I gently lifted the egg a bit earlier and tried to gently candle but still nothing. I will continue to candle daily if possible. It should be fine to leave it in there as long as it doesn't leak right? It survived the auto turning last night and early this morning. I believe my auto turner goes off every 3 to 4 hours.
How many days are there left until hatching?

Candled earlier. Didn't see any movement, and now there are small red spots near the air cell. I will check again tomorrow and if still nothing, then do I toss it or should I wait a few more days? I don't want it to contaminate the other eggs if it is dead and all.

Back
Top Bottom