Dropping pans??

TedJan92_in_Idaho

Songster
12 Years
May 27, 2011
Cocolalla Idaho
Anyone have stacked cages where you are using dropping pans. If so what are you using. I want to use a shed I built and stack cages 3 or 4 high. need to keep the ones on the lower levels from the raining poop.

culinary sheet trays, they are probably about...2"x3", or the oil catch trays that they sell at stores, large metal trays

edit: something like this

bm998XOpVtw5bpUgT0gV1shRPz70iohhWSjTRSwWQsWkiKalhEEUtLfSbWM5JbR-XewTsW_ayTYdzdZirQ1OQYn3iB_vswwqjKyrGhYzC7YEekAprSaiAIAiEncxmhCO9wmc0k-I2g__DSJ5yzsOmjkWqQvy3rmJ_r_BoOtqfdL_WoYMhZFRS7muXO43TxKtyiqeQ7Yl5s_34IzORuMBWgnc1tWLp2kgiRLC716vcsJS3XYXL5UoXpjEL-aVzvoqXc_qlu6ELlK9f52apwyFs2TZEGKrPOnJCw

Last edited:
I use cheap walmart cookie sheets, I believe they are 9"x18", I built a wood shelf are that I can sit them on, they are non stick so they wash easy too, I usually rinse them when I dump them out, since I line them with pine chips it typically doesnt even need rinsed. I think I paid a couple bucks each and I have 8 of them currently, It only takes 4 of them to do the job for my setup so I usually just swap them out so nobody gets pooped on lol

would making cleaning a breeze if you had some "sheet tray liners" they are pretty much parchment paper that fits perfectly in the pan, not sure of the price, but we get about 500 in a box at work

You could take some 1/4" particle board and top it with plastic sheets, that way you just have to take the plastic and throw it away and start with new plastic or you could take it out over the clothes line and clean it and reuse it

I found some black plastic All-Purpose Trays at the Dollar Tree store(yep, dollar each). If you have a Dollar Tree, these may work for you. Size is 13 x 22 and about 3/4 inch in depth.

Back
Top Bottom