Drunk driving - could have been ALOT worse.

Quote:
Wow... 10th time! Now WHAT does that say for our justice system....
roll.png

The thing is, they take away your license and then people just get right in to their cars again. If they don't get caught driving they get away with it. If someone in CA gets busted DUI they spend time in jail. The total bill for a first time DUI here is between $12,000 and $15,000.

What it says is that we as a society tolerate drunken driving. I know that more than once I've been in the position of trying to talk someone out of their car keys. The comment is always "I'm fine to drive, I've done it before". Here in Texas it is actually illegal to set up drunk driving checkpoints. I have a friend from Britain who tailgated at UT one time. He said never again would he put himself in a place where so many people drove to someplace to drink, drank for hours and then planned to drive home. He said that if anyone in the states actually took drunk driving seriously, the whole tailgating thing wouldn't happen. He couldn't believe that no cops were there pulling people over.

I doubt your neighbor will *learn*. He will probably enjoy talking about this event at the NEXT party!

My brother drinks,and nothing good ever follows.5 DUI's and guess what......still driving. Jail time and HUGE fines are best,because atleast for a time they are off the street. It is soooooo easy to drive without a license. The courts are a joke. A game in a way of making deals and paying your way out of trouble,or just postponing the case over and over.

I stopped talking to my brother. Told him one day he could kill a family. It is so shameful that people can do this daily.Add to that the texters.Makes me want to stay home and have amazon.com deliver everything to my door!

Quote:
And those in law enforcement are aghast, as to why average joe would hold the good old boys network in contempt.

They have the same attitude, as a group, as unions do.

It took me a long time (many years) to 'get over' my resentment of law enforcement officers and firemen, believe it or not. I have finally matured/learned enough to realize that for the most part, police officers and firemen (firepeople?) are the good guys. One or two spoiled the pot for me for a long time. The rest have since gained a lot of respect from me.

I still HATE drunk drivers.

somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom