Drunk jumbo pekin ducks

Hatman77

Hatching
Jun 3, 2018
Hello can someone please help we have 8 jumbo Peking ducks all of a sudden 4 of them started acting drunk they were slobering there heads rolled back laying on there backs one has died 1 didn't seem as bad as the rest she recovered first the other 2 are getting better but still not right this all happened less than an hour ago and all 4 started same time any ideas please

Hello can someone please help we have 8 jumbo Peking ducks all of a sudden 4 of them started acting drunk they were slobering there heads rolled back laying on there backs one has died 1 didn't seem as bad as the rest she recovered first the other 2 are getting better but still not right this all happened less than an hour ago and all 4 started same time any ideas please
They are 3 weeks old

It sounds like they may have gotten into something poisonous to them, to me, as quickly as it came on. I don't know much about young duck diseases, but don't know anything other than coccidosis that can run through a flock of babies that fast, so poisoning comes to mind. Could they have gotten into anything they shouldn't have? Perhaps some trash, or cigarette butts, or rat/mouse poison, or anything similar?

As well, at least this answer will bump your issue up closer to the top of the list, so someone else might see it.

Hi I wish I had an answer for you, we also are new “duck parents” ours are about 6 weeks old and today suddenly 2 of our six started with this behavior and we can’t figure out what could have happened or caused it. Please help! Does anyone know are they in pain on their back? We are trying to watch over the two and we separated them from the other 4 and brought them
Inside and into the barrel we had the 6 of them in inside when they were younger the other 4 are out in the coop still. Please help

I don't know what this and I havent any research. But I just googled "duck acting drunk" and a whole wack of articles came up from BYC that other people had sent so obviously fairly common so try reading on those posts and hopefully you can find out how to cure it and which steps to take! Good luck!❤️

Back
Top Bottom