dry cat food.

lovesduckies

Bedroom Farm Inc.
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
do any of you duckie keepers give dry cat food as treats? when i kept my ducks inside, they would run out my door into my mom's room where the cat food is and eat as much as they could before i would tear them away.. litterally. now they are outside and i give them a few handfuls a day and my hen litterally starts spazzing out when i walk out there because she wants cat food. all day today she has been pushing herself up to the fence and sticking hear head through.. then i go throw in a handful and she's fine till i got back out again LOL

anyone else??

LOL they are soo weird. they'd rather eat cat food than their food
roll.png

did you ever try moving it to see if she could find it?

I give my two WH's a small handfull in the mornings ( Iams Original) ... In the winter they get it twice a day a hand full in the morning and evening ... I was told not to give them a lot during the summer cause it will make them too fat.. in the winter it's good to help keep them warm..
they will also come up and bluff the cats away from the Iams .

yup my ducks are getting braver, the flock will face down the cats at the outdoor bowl now that they've discovered where its at! So now I have moved the cat bowl up onto the front porch (they dont go that far around the house - yet) and I just give them a handful of catfood once or twice a day as a treat.
smile.png
mine are still growing a bit, and they are extremely active so I'm not worried about them getting fat.

LOL they are soo weird. they'd rather eat cat food than their food

Just think of all the nice protien and fat that is in cat food compared to their duck/chicken food.
droolin.gif
My laying girls are esp. determined to get meat & cat food/dog food treats. Charlotte flies over the fence and comes up to the house looking for me if she thinks I'm running late with treats.
lol.png

lol. if they have had enough for the day, i turn on the hose and make mud for them. quackers LOVES to drill holes and stick her whole face in them. it keeps her occupied so she doesn't think about cat food
smile.png

Mine get Taste of the Wild
big_smile.png
A little in the morning. I call it their "cookies".

"Shelley want a cookie?"
QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

Mine run the kittens out of the only catfood dish that is on the ground. And they drink their water too.
roll.png
Maybe the sit-strike they have going on my porch is because of the catfood? Oh dear!
sad.png

(I feed them hog pellets too, and they prefer that over hen scratch any day of the week, but catfood is even better, or so they say)

Back
Top Bottom