Dry Incubating???

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
I have heard of dry incubating, and I saw an article about it, but I still don't understand it.(yes, very dumb of me
roll.png
)
I have read that it increases hatch rate by A LOT, sometimes from 50% to 90%! :eek: So when I start hatching out some eggs again, I want to try it, but I need to know how first.

Any advise?
hu.gif

Hmm... what exactly are you looking for?
You don't add any water unless the humidity has dropped to 25%. That's probably the most important part I think. I'm dry incubating this clutch and have only removed 5 eggs at Day 13. There's still 2 dozen in there.

Good luck

Quote:
NO WATER AT ALL???(unless lie you said, it drops to 25%) But won't the chick get stuck to the membrane inside?
hu.gif

And what do you mean by "what exactly are you looking for?"?
hu.gif

Thanks!
smile.png

Good luck with your batch of eggs!
fl.gif

I don't add any water unless humidity gets below 30% for days 1-18, then for days 19-21 I put it to about 58-63%. This works great for me and has hugely increased my hatch rate as I was losing a lot of *wet* chicks

Nope, no water. My redwood runs at 26-30% humidity without water. Works well for me.

When I asked what you were looking for, I meant if you read articles then you should know exactly what you're supposed to do. It's black and white. I meant what do you need advice wise... like I said, IMO the lower humidity in the beginning is very important.

Quote:
I haven't hatched chicks before(although I have tried but failed)

What about styrofoam bators? Do the same things for hum. apply to them, too?

I have never heard of this. I am about to incubate with incubators for the very first time. Would you suggest dry incubation for a newbie? or only an experienced hatcher?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom