Duane Urch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Now that's something you don't see everyday! A rose comb RIW... so many chickens so few coops...sigh

they were hard to get i ordered too late in the 2010 season on a maybe and never did get them so in 2011 i ordered in Jan and was still limited to 15 chicks for a May delivery. only two places sell the rosecombs day olds and they both sell out quick.

Quote:
Now that's something you don't see everyday! A rose comb RIW... so many chickens so few coops...sigh

they were hard to get i ordered too late in the 2010 season on a maybe and never did get them so in 2011 i ordered in Jan and was still limited to 15 chicks for a May delivery. only two places sell the rosecombs day olds and they both sell out quick.

Good for you to get one! If you ever have the time I'd love to see more pics of that RIW
smile.png

Quote:
I can sure do that. I will also post some pics of a couple of RIW cockerels from Urch/Turnland. Not sure what the standard is for the RIWs but from what i understand it is similar to the standard for the RIR and if thats the case these guys are a ways from the standard. Yet they are large, unique birds.

Quote:
I have had bad luck with shipped eggs. Last season I had 60% hatch rate on my eggs (low fertility problem,still learning) and out of two dozen shipped eggs (not from Urch), hatched only three chicks, and the year before was even worse,out of two dozen, only three developed and none hatched. Some of it was being a beginner and the little giant inci i used. I found a great deal on some GQF cabinet incis and hatcher and this year was much better. I may try shipped eggs again next season. Gotta get better results than that!

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I was more explicit in my request for input. I've ordered lots of eggs other places.

I'm interested to know if anyone has ordered and hatched eggs from Duane Urch.
Thanks.

Quote:
Me too - I'm especially interested in whether anyone has ordered his turkey eggs!

Best - exop

I like Urchs line because hes been breeding for 50 years. I bought eggs from Urch and out of 2 dozen 3 hatched and they all died. Out of the 50 chicks I ordered all turned out good and my Rhode Island Red cockeral from him is a champion, view him at by scrolling down to the middle of the page at http://www.farmerinthemartindale.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom