Dubbing

Quote:
People do this for showing purposes; but I'm thinking of doing it to relieve heat-loss.

How does it disipate heat?

Quote:
never had a problem with them, and I do hundreds every year. They are actually much mor eproud of themselves after being dubbed. Only a few have ever acted like it was painful and that was ussually just the first cut on teh comb, not the wattles or earlobes.
Blood loss is very minimal if at all when done right, I have never had to use blood stop or any other product.

Quote:
People do this for showing purposes; but I'm thinking of doing it to relieve heat-loss.

How does it disipate heat?

Sort of the same way our earlobes work: Have you ever noticed how covering your ears can make your entire head feel warmer? And it would be the same way if we had no earlobes... so... looking at the little banny rooster, with his preportionally HUGE comb and wattles, (and his reluctance to wear a tuque
wink.png
), he'd be much more winter-resilient without those items.

I guess I thought it would work like how elephants use their ears to cool themselves by blood being cooled by being exposed and movement, but I guess he can't waive his comb,lol

Any chance somebody has before and after pics? Is this done to hens also, like Leghorns that live in cold climates?

whats the best age to dub a rooster? posted pics of my man on the oeg thread and was told to wait at least another 6 weeks from those pics
smile.png
hes the 5-6 month old millie fleur on the thread
smile.png

Quote:
On Old English Game Bantams I dub around 6-8 months, Old English Game (Large Fowl) and American Game 6-12 months.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom