d'Uccle color genetics

Pics
Don't know all the sources for lemon in the US but dutch is good for everything...
wink.png

If a person were traveling to Europe, and got the proper paperwork in order (of course!), is there a d'Uccle breeder certified by the USDA/APHIS veterinains for export to the US?

Just to tease you a bit more with the Lemon boy

40058_p7010006_lemon.jpg

40058_p7010060_lemon.jpg

40058_p7010057_lemon.jpg

The main thing I think is wrong is the size of his comb is to large. But by breeding him to the hens that I have I should be able to bring the comb down in size.

Looking at breeding him with black millefluer and a blue millefluer hens. The blue with the lemon should look really good.

Let me know what you think.

I have a pair of Golden Necks, and my assumption is that they carry the Andalusian gene. However, I've heard that it is possible that they could also be dominant white. First question is: is that possible? Can a d'Uccle be dominant white? Next question: if that is possible, is there any way that I could find out whether mine are BEFORE I breed them, or is trial breeding the only way to tell? The cockerel has just a very little bit of black on one feather in his tail. It's very faint and has a mossy look to it. I'm thinking he might even loose it with his first molt. I was wondering if that was an indication that he was more than likely a true splash and NOT dominant white since dw would completely displace all black? Hope I'm not asking the obvious, but all I can say is it's not clear to me.........yet.
Nancy

Back
Top Bottom