d'Uccle color genetics

Pics
My understanding from I think it was Henk but I could be wrong Might have been one of the liks at the front of the post was that in North America we have Splash Gold Necks. Mine Is a splash from a Black Mille split for Blue and a Blue Mille.

In Europe the Golden Necks are predominatly the white variety.

I think the bit of black means you have a definite splash and not a dominant white.
I face the same thing with my cockeral, and all reading indicates that little bit of black is the andalusian indicator.

Here are some pictures

Golden Neck (Splash) Mine have no Black in it at all.

40058_p8260013.jpg

Blue Millefluer

40058_p8260027.jpg

And you know what the black mille looks like.

There could also be a Lavendar Splash I beleive.

Quote:
I disagree. Many genes can be leaky; dominant white is one that can be quite leaky. I don't think there is a way to know whether they are dominant white or splash without either knowing their background or test breeding (based upon only a very tiny bit of black mossiness). And of course, they could be both
cool.png

Quote:
You're kidding! If I posted pics would it do any good to help determine a better "guess." I'm being a bit lazy and didn't want to go take pictures if it wasn't going to help, BUT! if it might make any difference at all, I'll go out there and do my best to get some decent shots, particularly of that "leaky" tail feather.
Nancy

One other point about my pair, their displaced black is VERY white, not the creamy or buff color that I see on the golden necks that are already posted - such as yours Doug.

Quote:
I've heard we have both here, but I don't have gold necks, so I don't know for sure.

If your splash gold neck had one blue mille fleur parent, then the other had to have been either a blue mille fleur or a splash gold neck - chickens can't be "split to" Andalusian blue.

Quote:
Yes, its possible.

Quote:
Not really, but it would only take one breeding. If you bred the cockerel to a regular mille fleur, and got nothing but blue mille fleur chicks, then its a splash. If you bred it to a regular mille fleur and got gold necks, then its a dominant white.

Quote:
To confirm: a goldneck hen that throws goldneck chicks when crossed with a MF roo is dominant white?
If so, Yay!!!!!!!

And potentially one less roo to keep over the winter.........

Back
Top Bottom