D'Uccle Color Help

KateJ75

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 18, 2014
Ohio
I've been playing around with crossing some Porcelain and Mille Fleur and ended up with these little roos that seem to be a slightly diluted Mille Fleur with a full, black hood. What would you even call this pattern/color? And what does it say about the genetics of the parents?
_20200904_094457.JPG
_20200904_094322.JPG

No. The rooster. The black "hood" is not standard on a Mille Fleur roo.
Oh... I thought you meant the lighter shade. The pullets were in the forefront, so I assumed you were referring to them, and the cockerel in the first pic looked pretty typical.
I don’t know if the parents are hatchery or exhibition birds, so I’ll address both, though that porcelain looks too nice to be a hatchery bird. On hatchery birds, anything goes, so a cockerel might have a pretty dark neck, and faults in exhibition Porcelains are harder to detect because the colors are diluted so much. I wouldn’t be surprised if many porcelains were almost solid black on the neck beneath the mottling and dilution, because you just can’t tell.
Not so much a recessive gene or mutation as a natural variation.

Oh... I thought you meant the lighter shade. The pullets were in the forefront, so I assumed you were referring to them, and the cockerel in the first pic looked pretty typical.
I don’t know if the parents are hatchery or exhibition birds, so I’ll address both, though that porcelain looks too nice to be a hatchery bird. On hatchery birds, anything goes, so a cockerel might have a pretty dark neck, and faults in exhibition Porcelains are harder to detect because the colors are diluted so much. I wouldn’t be surprised if many porcelains were almost solid black on the neck beneath the mottling and dilution, because you just can’t tell.
Not so much a recessive gene or mutation as a natural variation.

Thank you! That was the type of info I was looking for. 😊 And my Porcelains are hatchery! 😂 Got them two-years ago from Meyer! 😊

Back
Top Bottom