D'uccle color question !

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shmooborp, Feb 9, 2009.

1. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

ok so if you have a millie roo with a self blue hen what would you get ? [​IMG] anyone ever tried this? or heard of it? [​IMG] thanks for any info !!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    I thought Porcelain, but someone recently says that doesn't happen until the 2nd generation. So, I guess you get 50 millies/50 self blue? Not sure.

Paula

3. shmooborp

cool ! hmmmm i hope i get something cool ! i wisssshhh i could find a picture of one. surely someone has done this !

4. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    I saw someones frizzle with those color combos, looked really nice.

5. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:Picture of a Porcelain D'uccle? Feathersite should have one. I hope I was clear, I meant that 50% of the chicks would be Millie, and the other 50% would be self blue chicks. [​IMG]

Paula

6. shmooborp

oh yes i knew what you were saying, [​IMG] i was hopeing to see a picture of the cross [​IMG]

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

You'd get millie offspring but with more black and less spangling, because it'd be like breeding a millie to a black. But the offspring will carry self blue, and if you breed them to each other then you'll get some porcelain and some mille fleur.

8. shmooborp

Quote:thats pretty interesting !! thanks so much ! i dont really know much about the genetics but i really want to learn. so im taking it that self blue is from the black gene?

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I have millies that I breed but I am getting self blue, porcelain and white. I wonder what happens mixing all those to my Mille roo! I have to do some research too. I've enjoyed your thread so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by