d'Uccle Cult

Ugh. Hawk on my fence! Then the dogs run up to it. It doesn't care. Then i run up to it, and it flies CLOSER to the coop. Then i shoo it again and it flies into my neighbors tree. Chickens were huddled low inside the mini coop (double predator protection). I guess we aren't doing playtime for a while.

I gave the girls a big handful of blueberries and they forgot about their lives being in danger the minute before. 🐷🐥
Atleast u were out with em and noone hurt!

Ahhh... sweet satisfaction of a clean coop and run. Saw a hawk way in the distance, then nothing, so they got some exercise time before rains arrive.

I love how easy and smart my D'uccles are. They come back into the run when i call them, and everyone (except my silkies) follow them right in.

So far i have Minnie (d'uccle) and one of the polish back to laying. Perfect amount for breakfast. Not sure if they are going to stop again. Weather has been exceptionally warm (high 70s, low 80s) but i bet real winter is around the corner. Neighbors aren't getting eggs again 😆 now i know to freeze them!

Ahhh... sweet satisfaction of a clean coop and run. Saw a hawk way in the distance, then nothing, so they got some exercise time before rains arrive.

I love how easy and smart my D'uccles are. They come back into the run when i call them, and everyone (except my silkies) follow them right in.

So far i have Minnie (d'uccle) and one of the polish back to laying. Perfect amount for breakfast. Not sure if they are going to stop again. Weather has been exceptionally warm (high 70s, low 80s) but i bet real winter is around the corner. Neighbors aren't getting eggs again 😆 now i know to freeze them!
Yeah my d'uccles have been on strike ever since the blizzard! Laid every day through the blizzard then packed it up n quit!
I bet real winter is gonna be rough again when it hits!

Yea, only 2 out of 7 are laying, every other day at that. Im grateful, but not expecting much else til spring arrives.

I have to do indoor work and errands today, can't wait til i have time to get back into the garden. Planning out some shade for summer as well, it was just too ridiculous this past year.

Yea, only 2 out of 7 are laying, every other day at that. Im grateful, but not expecting much else til spring arrives.

I have to do indoor work and errands today, can't wait til i have time to get back into the garden. Planning out some shade for summer as well, it was just too ridiculous this past year.
I hear ya!
I cannot wait til gardening can begin!!!

10 hawks and black vultures!!! They landed in my and my neighbors yards! She found a dove w its feathers tore up. I must have just went outside when they caught it, because they were scattering. The chickens were nowhere to be found (hiding in the coop). Once they heard my neighbor and i talking, they came back into the run. Crazy though!! I'll try to get pics next time.. i think our yards are marked now!

Lil China (she’s sooooo blue!) found a way to keep her toesies warm while we did down to 6° tonight. Roos have a myriad of uses!

B5B3A6F5-4B20-4553-A79C-DCAC879ABB96.jpeg

Lil China (she’s sooooo blue!) found a way to keep her toesies warm while we did down to 6° tonight. Roos have a myriad of uses!

View attachment 3385313
That's so cute! My 3 girls literally crawl underneath my roo! He ends up looking pretty fluffy...so much so I thought he had lost weight yesterday but guess it's cuz he was standing without them under him lol!

Back
Top Bottom