d'Uccle Cult

Not sure which spot it goes best in, so y’all will get both 🤪 One of the silkies is hatching tonight! Two of them have been cobrooding in a bin and then the Barnevelder decided she needed that spot… Luckily three birds in one of those storage tubs didn’t squash the eggs I’ve been stressing over for the past 500 weeks it feels lol. I started with 6 or 7 eggs, but ended up with only two making it this far. Most weren’t fertile unfortunately (they’re porcelain D’uccle, it’s been rough this year), then a few got squashed since EVERYONE decided to go broody. Seriously, I’ve got 11 that haven’t been able to be broken. It’s madness! So I panicked a bit and decided I couldn’t risk the others stomping the chicks, grabbed the most dedicated silkie (go Blacky!) and popped her in the brooder box I set up for my porch chicks 🤦🏽‍♀️ They can wait a day or two for me to see how the mommy vibes go, then I’ll put her in the porch brooder for a bit I guess. Luckily she hunkered right down on the eggs and seems ok with the move for now 🤞🏼 I’m hoping since I moved her during the night, she’ll just go with it and everything will be ok in the morning! One egg was internally pipped, not sure how I’ll sleep tonight
I’m not sure how I’d sleep either! I hope you get lots of cutie patooties d’Uccle babies!! 😍😍😍 Pics when they hatch!?

Has anyone ever had a Mille Fleur roo that didn’t have rooster feathers? I’ve got this one D’Uccles who looks like a roo, crows and does the rooster dance, but doesn’t have the rooster saddle or neck feathers. I’ve never seen “it” attempt to breed or lay eggs.

Has anyone ever had a Mille Fleur roo that didn’t have rooster feathers? I’ve got this one D’Uccles who looks like a roo, crows and does the rooster dance, but doesn’t have the rooster saddle or neck feathers. I’ve never seen “it” attempt to breed or lay eggs.
I've not seen that with d'Uccles but I did have that issue with a Tolbut Polish! They found one ovary when they necropsied him too :) So it's always possible!

Could you post a picture?

456DC675-7613-4BF6-9CAA-38E53E584B78.jpeg
9B0A2DB9-4F33-4571-A9CC-A27954466424.jpeg
F7F6514F-10DC-4124-A03F-97E5EE183DE6.jpeg
DDF93008-35C0-4572-B688-748859118FA9.jpeg
528032AA-A565-4736-A700-A0AA90F4A0FF.jpeg
B7E96BB6-FE8C-4DC1-B0D9-146D62420B56.jpeg

I’ll have to test breed “him” to see is he’s fertile. Maybe breed him to my golden sebright to try to create a Mille Fleur colored sebright.

I’ll have to test breed “him” to see is he’s fertile. Maybe breed him to my golden sebright to try to create a Mille Fleur colored sebright.
That's weird. He even has the hen's coloring. If you do breed him it would be called pullet breeding. It's where you take a nice hen and breed her to a rooster that would produce good pullets but not good cockerels.

That's weird. He even has the hen's coloring. If you do breed him it would be called pullet breeding. It's where you take a nice hen and breed her to a rooster that would produce good pullets but not good cockerels.
Interesting! I’ll have to try that.
Do you think if I breed him to the golden laced sebright he’d produce the Roos with the hen feathers?

Back
Top Bottom