D'Uccle has a swollen eye with small bubbles

HappyClucker7

Bantam Queen
7 Years
Apr 28, 2016
New York
I noticed that the area around one of my D'Uccle's eyes is swollen and puffy. The eye seems to be weeping as well, and I noticed a few bubbles in her eye. Her eye was definitely not like this yesterday, so it happened very suddenly. The other eye is normal. She is also acting completely fine and does not seem sick at all. Does anyone know what might have caused this?

3422.jpeg
3424.jpeg

Have you added any new birds recently?
Any lesions inside the beak?

Swelling with weeping could be from a peck or injury, but could also be due to respiratory illness. General care is to flush the eye and apply an eye ointment like Terramycin 2-3 times a day. If the eye gets worse or she shows more symptoms, then treating symptoms with an oral antibiotic like Tylan may be needed.

Have you added any new birds recently?
Any lesions inside the beak?

Swelling with weeping could be from a peck or injury, but could also be due to respiratory illness. General care is to flush the eye and apply an eye ointment like Terramycin 2-3 times a day. If the eye gets worse or she shows more symptoms, then treating symptoms with an oral antibiotic like Tylan may be needed.
No, I haven't added any new birds.
I can check inside her beak later, if I can catch her. She hates being picked up.

I'm assuming I need to flush the eye with saline, correct? How do I do that exactly - just pour it into her eye?
I'll see if I can get some Terramycin today.

Back
Top Bottom