D'uccle Thread

I've never seen the porcelain d'Uccles before - they are beautiful! We have one Mille Feuille d'Uccle (had two, but the rooster had to go and live in the country as we can't have roosters in town, which broke my heart), so now little Chantelle is all alone. I wish she had a beautiful porcelain sister to hang out with!

[/IMG]
What is everyone leaning toward between pullet and cockerel? This is a 3 week old mottled Duccle. This is the smallest one.

They're hatchery stock (from ideal) and they're also an accident. I thought I was grabbing cochins. Best mistake ever though and I'll be looking for good stock next spring to set up a couple of small breeding pens. I've already started building the pens
smile.png

Super friendly and notorious photo bombers

They're hatchery stock (from ideal) and they're also an accident. I thought I was grabbing cochins. Best mistake ever though and I'll be looking for good stock next spring to set up a couple of small breeding pens. I've already started building the pens
smile.png

Super friendly and notorious photo bombers
Cool! They look just like my Porcelain d'Uccle :)

Does anyone sell black mottled,Mille fleur, gold necked, or porcelain Duccles hatching eggs. I hatched some black mottled and I think all are cockerels except a hen who is shy and very afraid unlike the one that jumps on me every time I open the door or put my hand in.
1f600.png
I want to find him a mate soon. So I'm thinking about hatching.

Wish they had nicer beards. They are still young so I don't know if they will change much when they're fully grown. Hope they start laying soon so they can contribute to our fall eggs (for eating). They're only 4 and a half months.
It may take awhile for the beards to get larger. Don't count on them laying soon. My first batch of d'Uccles started laying at 8-9 months. Strangely, in my next batch d'Uccles, I had one that started laying at 4 months!

Back
Top Bottom