D'uccle Thread

I am suspecting cockerel more every day. Lol he is less than a month.
He is adorable.

Yeah, I was hoping that of my straight run chicks if one was a rooster it would be the bantam Cochin. Mind you that one is still undecided. What is the usual demeanor of these guys?

Yeah, I was hoping that of my straight run chicks if one was a rooster it would be the bantam Cochin. Mind you that one is still undecided. What is the usual demeanor of these guys?
My trio, at 8 years of age have been adorable troublemakers. When younger one tried to flog me. After weeks of getting my plastic coffee can tossed at him he decided it was a bad idea.

They were removed from the bantam flock because they would repeatedly mate the same hen one after another. They yearly try to take over the bantam coop, although not this year as one is mostly blind and another is going blind, so they are penned now for their own protection.

I have enjoyed their Napoleonic antics over the years and find it sad how old they now look. They have live with my large breed flock for years and have held their own.

Good to know, so far he is a sweetheart for sure. My 2 new bantam polish are very attached to him and he treats them so nicely. They come to him and ask to get warm and he lets them tuck up under him. At just a few weeks he is so attentive to them, pulling them in under his beak to get warm though I am pretty sure he does not need the warmth at all but seems to know they do.

These two chicks are our little D'uccles. We bought them straight run and are wondering what gender they are. They are one month old, both have a noticeable comb, but arent super red. I know it may be early but I had read repeatedly they usually are easy to tell by this point. Any ideas?

Most d'uccle will pink up by 5 weeks, so far they are looking like pullets, but I would wait a few weeks to be sure. The first ones coloring currently looks female too.

Well in the three days since I originally posted here, they are getting pink!! Especially the porcelain one, all but the edge of the comb is pink, and very pink wattles. The Mille has a yellow comb still but pink wattles.

I have 9 Mille Fluer D'uccles so I think, I noticed a few have muffs they are about two months old could they be different types and all be the same color some a little darker I think the males are darker

Back
Top Bottom