D'uccle Thread

I agree. Although at our clubs show in the fall of last year, I entered the 3 D's that I have/had(1cull) and the girl that is my avatar made it up as far as the final 3rd judging. Against another Master Breeder's Cochin (and ABA judge), she did not make it as a 2nd feather foot either due to her broken foot feathers, yet she was noticed by the judge that was with us.
Finding the rooster that we have now was through this same judge that beat me, lol, but it was a judge friend of his that I have his "cull". Hey, he is not a #1, but it gives me a wonderful start point and it is the best genetic beginning I can get.
Off track. Sorry.
As for our D's, it is near impossible to ever win, people love the sleek fat Cochin's, or the Brahma's, and off the top of my dingbat of a brain, can't think of many more! Doh. But I feel your pain, the D's are not the way to make money- they break their foot feathers to easily if they are not pampered and kept separate.
I wish they would class birds as their breeds, because the D'uccle's are one if not the only bird that has no standard breed. I think it means something. Almost like Modern Game Birds and Old English Game Birds, there is a difference- can they be judged together? (as you can tell, I have not been in the show know for long. I'll be eager to hear what the others have to say).

See Celtic, this is why you keep me around, to remind you that you have done a data base! LOL I don't feel that I should go on it at this point due to the fact that I'm not sure what type of offspring that we'll get from this bunch of yahoo's!

Quote:
Exactly we are one of the only "True" bantams!!! We need our spotlight!!! And I was thinking, Everyone thinks "Millie Fluer" is a breed and not a color and associate it with the D'uccle. That also sets a standard already, that MF's a the "Standard" Duccle, so it will be interesting once I get my line of Porc looking really nice to see how the compete against the MF. I have decided that I am turning towards doing only Porc, but im using some MF to get some splits and then breeding them back to the Porc. I'm hoping to get a really nice Porc roo out of the eggs Im going to hatch from Gypsychic.

and right?!?! Good thing you remembered!

Edit:

I really want to know what you guys think about these two pullets of mine? Rip them apart, be truthful, I need to know! lol

[Click to Enlarge]

Last edited:
IMO should you find a cockerel that has a shorter back, more V like? Love your color, well, birds color... the "turtleneck" look is spot on and muffs/aka beards look nice. The back could be the way you have taken the photo. You can't get them birds to pose or say cheese!!!

Now, don't you talk smut about my Millie's!
smack.gif
I'm partial to all birds, no prejudice here!
love.gif

Quote:
LOL i would be happy to find any Cockrel with all it's tailnails! Don't duccl'es call for a U shape in the hens? I like the second hen over the bottom one, depending on the show one of them is always BV

More then likely its the camera angle, she looks pretty good. When you say toenails, I have one hen with her middle toenail its straight up, just as if the toe was turned around at the end of the toe. Now seeings I don't have a SOP book, is that a point off or DQ?

Some birds the judge does not care about toenails and others, its part of the bird... Of course I've always wanted to take one of my black Cochins, put him in a show with flashy hot pink toenails...but I wont. LOL

Back
Top Bottom