D'uccle Thread

AC & WGC...is this color close to what you call butterscotch or what would you say she is cream mottled???

39809_butterscotch2.jpg

Quote:
Unless the pic is not true to color, she looks more dun than cream or buff, GC.

Now, how about my newbies. I know I have 2 whites, but do you think the other is looking porcelain? And the mottled babe is getting white feathers and either blue or black feathers!
2952_100_8408.jpg

BTW, I still have trouble with Henks, too. Lately I've been using it more to understand what I got, rather to predict what I'll get, if that makes sense....

Assuming that feather sexing can be used...that mottled one's feathers look male. But I agree with porce and I'm so amazed at the beautiful vulture hocks so far. Wish my girls would start laying!!!!!!
I want to turn on the bator again
hit.gif

Spook, I figured it was a boy the moment it hatched. With my birds, dramatic coloration = pretty boys.

Celtic, I have no idea. Our weather is sooooo crazy! Even after thinning the flock I cannot keep them indoors and warmer for any length of time. But it's supposed to get pretty cold for a few days, so I will have to keep them in more than normal. We'll see what good it does.

Yeah, we are all in the freezer this weekend. Hope its short blast.

I just made a comment on another thread on putting lizard warming pads in the bottom of the nest box, then hay/shavings & putting it on a timer, perhaps it would keep the eggs from dropping to low and killing the germ. Also, putting it on a timer would prevent snuggling in the box after you have collected eggs.

And yes, cockerel = handsome *sigh*

Quote:
Okies, just checkin. Ill ask again late Feb
hide.gif

No problem! I wish I could give a better answer. But I was an hour late for work due to a school delay, and we have another chance of snow on Tuesday. I know Old Man Winter isn't done with us yet and I'm really scared he's saving his 'best' for last
hide.gif

In March we have the 18th anniversary of 'The Blizzard of '93'.

Back
Top Bottom