D'uccle Thread

Cynthia, how adorable! Thank you so much for sharing, they are so sweet and innocent looking sitting their together. Great pics.

I speak about how grumpy my gals are, but the cockerel flew over the side of the pen, then the MF girls did with the B.Cochin & St.Cochin, sorta like one flew over the cuckoo's nest out there. Anyways, they are all happy, so what the heck. Who'da thunk-it!

That is to funny having a Cochin x D' mix, bet that was something to see!

Quote:
Do you have a solid true black you could set her next to or compair with in a new picture? Sometimes blues are mistaken until older, as regular mf's. I 2nd what Doug said.

I'll see if I can get a better picture of her for you, maybe next to something black. To me, her foot feathers seem lighter than the other two, but I am not entirely sure. She's definitely larger than the other pullet.

Quote:
That Would Be Great. Be sure to look at her beak real good too. If it is blue pigment and not black (upper part closest to her face) then I would say yes, she's a blue. Those lil buggars are really hard to tell at such a young age. And she will continue to change till 1st molt. Blue is expressed like lavender, a dilute...By molt you would of course know for sure
smile.png

Here is a cockeral from Septs hatch at 5 weeks

40058_pa290365.jpg

and a pullet from the same hatch at 5 weeks that was sold due to the lack of Mile Fluer pattern on the hackle feathers.

40058_100_2754.jpg

Silkie D'Uccle chick and a D'Uccle both at 2-3 Weeks
40058_102_2379.jpg

and a link to the cockerals of that batch that are currenly for sale on Ontario Poultry Swap.

There are some good close ups on here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doughthechickenman/sets/72157625592113684/

Dad of all of them.

40058_100_1732.jpg

Silkie Hen sitting on the eggs.

40058_dscn9208.jpg

Silkie X D'Uccle chick alone.

40058_102_2375.jpg

We also have a Cochin X D'Uccle and here is the hen sitting on here eggs.

40058_dscn9211.jpg

Last edited:
Cynthia, here are a couple barrowed pics from feathersite and twinlights farm. Both are blue MF hens. Dont know how much help this is, but thought I'd try to find something for you to look at and go by. There are MANY variations of blu/mf as there are regular millies. Hope you can tell what I mean by these photos...some can be dark, while others are obviously lighter.

39809_bluemf23.jpg
39809_bluemf24.jpg

Well, did the best I could without help from DH. Had to catch her first--she thought I was getting ingredients for dinner, of course, LOL. Sat her on my black shoes plus against my shirt so you can hopefully see her feathers there. Boy that second pic looks weird! Doug I bet she'll be like your pullet you sold for bad hackle color. They were playing in the GA clay so her feetsies are dirty.

348_dscn0886.jpg

348_dscn0884.jpg

Back
Top Bottom