D'uccle Thread

Quote:
Dont take my word for it, but it appears she may indeed be blue. Beak lacks dark pigment, and the 2nd pic is blue featherd foot. Anyone else agree or disagree? Doug, what do you think?

They are so lovely, Doug, they really are. After looking closely at her foot feathering and her beak color, I am inclined to think she is BMF, but whatever she is is perfectly fine. SInce this is my first time with D'Uccles, I'm not looking toward breeding at this point in time.

They are so darn skittish! Beau is getting a bit braver and comes close to me, but the girls avoid me like the plague. I haven't had skittish chicks in ages, not since I've been raising Delawares. They are fearless.

Quote:
They usually get over being so skittish later on.

BTW, your 'black' shoes made me
gig.gif

j/k
hugs.gif

And yes, those toes look to have blue feathers on them.

They could be blue in the foot feathering.
Wehad one that was blue in the foot but the tail was black. Not sure how that happens unless it was an incomplete gene pairing.

My daughter had some trained to jump up on here arm on command.
But she worked with them everyday until they would do it and reward them with treats the same as a dog.
Now when they see you comming don't stop or they are jumping on you.

Doug, what are your plans for the little 'solid' mille gal? Would you consider putting her in w/lemon boy or???? That might be a very interesting pairing with her lack of pigment/pattern/spots. Just a thought
pop.gif

Hey guys, I found this on the APHIS site and thought you might like to see. Also, wouldn't it be cool if she was "lurking" around!!! :0)
Here is the photo that I thought was wonderful!

9241_224_1_precious_millie_hope_oh.jpg

This picture was from Hope Weisburn, OH

Quote:
Already sold her last summer.

In with the lemon boy I have a normal Black Patterned Mille Fluer, a Blue Mille Fluer and a Splash Mille Fluer (Gold Neck).

Which should give me chicks split for the ig gene according to Henks calculator. With the blue and splash I am trying to improve the type and tail of my blue mille roos.

Quote:
Already sold her last summer.

In with the lemon boy I have a normal Black Patterned Mille Fluer, a Blue Mille Fluer and a Splash Mille Fluer (Gold Neck).

Which should give me chicks split for the ig gene according to Henks calculator. With the blue and splash I am trying to improve the type and tail of my blue mille roos.

Sounds like your off to a great start. I still have trouble with Henks at times because I dont understand all the allets, ect. So glad you got your first egg
smile.png
now if they will all start laying for you that would be perfect. I'm anxious to see what you and WGC end up with out of your lemon boy and her PB.

Back
Top Bottom