D'uccle Thread

Doug the Chicken Man, when are the lemons due to hatch? I am so excited to see them!! Wonder how the chicks are colored? Guess we'll find out!
big_smile.png

I candled the eggs last night but they were all duds. he may not have gotten the hen that was laying. With the heat we have had this week all 8 hens are laying now.
I am going to collect some more and try them again this weekend.
A friend of mine bought some eggs from me last year and has now got the first chicks from the group.
He indicated that the look good.

Doug the Chicken Man, when are the lemons due to hatch? I am so excited to see them!! Wonder how the chicks are colored? Guess we'll find out!
big_smile.png

I know your frustration, Doug!

The awesome milie roo I got at Crossroads last fall only likes one millie girl, which has shot my fertility all to heck. And then he molted....
I put him up for a couple of weeks with only one old hen for company, and put my grandpa roo back in with the ladies. After a couple of weeks of watching grandpa dance for the ladies, Mr Crossroads was fit to be tied. I have him back in woth the ladies now and am hopeful I'll have a better hatch rate.

Hey fellow d'Uccle lovers! Been a while since I have been on here. Just wanted to share my babies. I am going to be offering hatching eggs from them. PM me if you are interested. I do not have a large number of birds, so I will be offering a "purebred bantam assortment" in the auction section of BYC. I can probably do 6+ on these though so I thought I would post here just to give y'all a heads up.

I just joined this site yesterday and so glad to see a D'Uccle Thread .... I have raised Belgian Bearded Mille Fleur D'Uccle's for 15 years they are my favorite breed. I have 3 incubators going right now with both pure Milles and some Mille crosses that will be hatching over the next 2 weeks. If I can figure out how to attach pictures to the threads I will share photos. I do have a couple of pictures in a album in my profile. Looking forward to meeting other D'Uccle loving people
big_smile.png
Welcome to BYC. glad to see you joined. Know anyone who has Gold Neck D'Uccle's? Michele

Thanks for the welcome ... No I don't know anyone that has those, I actually know very few people that have D'Uccles other than those who have bought eggs and chicks from me over the years. I have some D'Uccle crosses that look kinda like the Gold Neck but they are not. I will take more pictures of my chickens and add them to my photo album ..... all my chicks mature out looking dark red Mille Fleur sometimes a blue Mille Fleur will show up in a hatch and my other pen that has the 3/4 Mille hens the chicks will look pure mille fleur or will be white with buff to red lacing over the body or mille fleur pattern.
Welcome to BYC. glad to see you joined. Know anyone who has Gold Neck D'Uccle's?
Michele

Thanks for the welcome ... No I don't know anyone that has those, I actually know very few people that have D'Uccles other than those who have bought eggs and chicks from me over the years. I have some D'Uccle crosses that look kinda like  the Gold Neck but they are not. I will take more pictures of  my chickens and add them to my photo album ..... all my chicks mature out looking dark red Mille Fleur sometimes a blue Mille Fleur will show up in a hatch and  my other pen that has the 3/4 Mille hens the chicks will look  pure mille fleur or will be white with buff to red lacing over the body or mille fleur pattern.
Welcome to BYC. glad to see you joined. Know anyone who has Gold Neck D'Uccle's?

Michele

That's different. If I breed my Mille roo to my Porcelain, I get half and half. He has nice foot feathers but his chest has too much white. The babies he through has way more black then him.

I am raising some golden neck chicks to breed when they are older! they will be turning 4 weeks here in a couple of days, comparing combs to the other colors I have of the same age it is looking like I have 4 girls, I will give them another week or so before comparing combs on them.
smile.png

I am raising some golden neck chicks to breed when they are older! they will be turning 4 weeks here in a couple of days, comparing combs to the other colors I have of the same age it is looking like I have 4 girls, I will give them another week or so before comparing combs on them. :)

Nice where did you score those little bitties? For me D'Uccle's and Marans are the easiest to tell boy from girl by 4 weeks its usually a given. Unless a hen is gifted with one of those big ugly boy combs.
Michele

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom