D'uccle Thread

anyone want millie flur roos ? Bantam .... I ended up with 5 from one hatch! they are all well tempered ... but I only ... of course .... want one. :)

Free if you come get him.

If you have hens for sale - I'd prob buy one .....

OH -Yea - location ! ha ha sorry .... Central Vermont - near Lake George NY (a popular camp summer fun amusement park area)

I haven't been on in ages,
Mites have ruined my year! Breeding and showing plans all by the wayside while everyone gets treated!
All because of one ****** squirrel who invaded my large coop where I had 3 of my best roosters wintering!

Then during the move and everyone being crowded until we got the coops moved, my porcelains got LICE!!!!!
How cursed am I? My one Porcelain rooster I kept who Didn't have mites, got LICE with the hens during the move process and while I have been busy with my job (40+ hrs/week plus husband and 2 kids). Lost one of my sweetest favorite roosters with adorable fluffy beard feet and personality to a Coon who managed to open his cage....Plus a mille Hen from an Owl who got in at night. I saw the owl the next night waiting.....

So now I have fortified all my coops and cages

So now my Porcelains are back in good shape minus the ones who got mites I am STILL trying to clear up and in their own separate coops. My one 'clean' porcelain rooster kept letting the hens pick his beard and legs bare and bloody so I put him in his own cage until he is done molting because I was really afraid he would let them pick him to death. Love him too much for that.

I did make the mistake of letting some broodies hatch some eggs and so I sold one of the hens with her brood, and the 4 I kept, one had a blind eye at birth and got pecked so has been in his own cage since that time- poor baby. Out of the 4 chicks I kept-- 3 are boys LOL.

So 2013 is definitely not my year, it has been the chicken vermin zombie apocalypse. I am FINALLY starting to make some progress with the mites, but it has been an intensive process that with moving and everything has been too much.
barnie.gif
th.gif
he.gif

By the way, GypsyChic says she is no longer breeding D'uccles, so thought I would pass the word..........

I have also MOVED to a new house, and haven't even sold the old one yet, took forever to find one in St Louis area where I could keep my flock.

I hope to be back online next year!

Keep the breed going folks!

Teddi

So I have a question, my flock is having a tendency now to have kind of curled or swept back neck feathers......
Do I need to NOT breed those hens with the wavy locks?
The roosters in the pic did not make the move with me....except one who had the right personality.

Back
Top Bottom