D'uccle Thread

here are some photos of my Golden necks, all of these i bred myself. out of 10 GN hens, only one has the clean white tip only pattern, all the rest have too much white on tails, necks and feet. they are about 9 months old now.

here is my best hen

she is not the crispest lines but i am trying in my pattern pen to reduce white and increase black as well as define pigment breaks.

these GN girls are all in a different cage and are bred for form with two really cobby brown red duccle roos with excellent form and great personalities. some have great pigment lines but just far far too much white. they are also around 9 months old. the cage does have a wire bottom so their foot feathers suffer.

this is Antoine-he is 2- with a brown red pullet in another pen that is breeding for personality and their mix will hopefully produce blue brown reds.

Antoine's son Buddy shows some black in his tail feathers, I would use him in a heartbeat primarily for breeding (as his dad is lame and has difficulties breeding) if it werent for his comb. i have no way to tell which hens i could use to compensate for its backwards slop since many hens combs are too small to evaluate. he has a great neck!

here are some photos of my Golden necks, all of these i bred myself. out of 10 GN hens, only one has the clean white tip only pattern, all the rest have too much white on tails, necks and feet. they are about 9 months old now.

here is my best hen

she is not the crispest lines but i am trying in my pattern pen to reduce white and increase black as well as define pigment breaks.

these GN girls are all in a different cage and are bred for form with two really cobby brown red duccle roos with excellent form and great personalities. some have great pigment lines but just far far too much white. they are also around 9 months old. the cage does have a wire bottom so their foot feathers suffer.

this is Antoine-he is 2- with a brown red pullet in another pen that is breeding for personality and their mix will hopefully produce blue brown reds.

Antoine's son Buddy shows some black in his tail feathers, I would use him in a heartbeat primarily for breeding (as his dad is lame and has difficulties breeding) if it werent for his comb. i have no way to tell which hens i could use to compensate for its backwards slop since many hens combs are too small to evaluate. he has a great neck!

Adorable!!!

I was interested in some critique. I got this guy with a few hens. If what I'm reading is right, the waddles are a dq for show. Is he worth keeping as a breeder, or should I look for another rooster? Thanks! Side note he's very timid and won't hold still for a photo and pose at the same time, sigh.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom