D'uccle Thread

im selling my two chicks or will swap for 1 millie duccle.
ten weeks old.
Duccles

this white hen is mum

dad is a millie

Last edited:
A couple questions: first off, can a simple difference such as color variation affect temperament? My Porcelains and Milles are night and day as far as personality goes. Second, are Mille roos known to be predominately evil or sweet? My 15-week-olds are as precious as they come while the Porcelain is already attacking me.
hu.gif
Are my chances of getting nice Mille roos greater because I got them from a breeder that works toward the Standard and show qualities?

~Alex

Temperament is often inherited. Show breeders will select calmer birds that can be handled easily so often they have better temperaments, but sometimes a particular rooster is a butthead no matter the color or the bloodlines.

I do not breed D'Uccles but I won some eggs from a poultry show and hatched 3. 1 Mille Fleur, 1 porcelain, and 1 lavander. They hatched on 2/6/16. I believe they are all pullets. I thought the lavander was a male but he laid his first egg today! :gig Anyway, I'm not familiar with the breed at all and was planning on selling them. Can anyone tell me about their quality? I'm not familiar with the SOP at all. Thank you!

I do not breed D'Uccles but I won some eggs from a poultry show and hatched 3. 1 Mille Fleur, 1 porcelain, and 1 lavander. They hatched on 2/6/16. I believe they are all pullets. I thought the lavander was a male but he laid his first egg today! :gig Anyway, I'm not familiar with the breed at all and was planning on selling them. Can anyone tell me about their quality? I'm not familiar with the SOP at all. Thank you!

Some side shots of them showing off would be easier to see form but from the bottom pic they look like they have long backs. Should be more of a U. But good bearing and foot feathering. Spangles aren't very uniform on the Mille. Do you know if they were from good show lines or a hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom