D'uccle Thread

Any idea what breed this feathered feet bantam is?

Last edited:
I am expecting my first D'uccles on April 28th/29th, and am so excited! My initial order was for 5 Mille Fleur, however the hatchery was already sold out of regular Mille, so I will be getting 5 Blue Mille Fleur instead.

It's my understanding that the Blue Mille Fleur are pretty much the same as regular Mille Fleur, with the exception of the black markings being diluted to blue, and that the Blue Mille Fleur doesn't entirely breed true. I'm curious if that means the chicks I receive will all be Blue Mille Fleur? I wouldn't mind some regular Mille Fleur, as they were my first option. Will I be able to tell as chicks?

I am expecting my first D'uccles on April 28th/29th, and am so excited! My initial order was for 5 Mille Fleur, however the hatchery was already sold out of regular Mille, so I will be getting 5 Blue Mille Fleur instead.

It's my understanding that the Blue Mille Fleur are pretty much the same as regular Mille Fleur, with the exception of the black markings being diluted to blue, and that the Blue Mille Fleur doesn't entirely breed true. I'm curious if that means the chicks I receive will all be Blue Mille Fleur? I wouldn't mind some regular Mille Fleur, as they were my first option. Will I be able to tell as chicks?
I'm putting in a order to blue mille fleurs today. I'm pretty sure that the blue in this variation is like most blue variations, it varies from light to dark blue. The quality of the breeding cock and hens the breeders have will depend on how your chicks turn out. If they are truly pure-bred blue mille fleur, the blue color should be very noticeable and they shouldn't look like mille fleur. Which hatchery did you order through? I'm getting mine from Ideal.

Last edited:
I'm putting in a order to blue mille fleurs today. I'm pretty sure that the blue in this variation is like most blue variations, it varies from light to dark blue. The quality of the breeding cock and hens the breeders have will depend on how your chicks turn out. If they are truly pure-bred blue mille fleur, the blue color should be very noticeable and they shouldn't look like mille fleur. Which hatchery did you order through? I'm getting mine from Ideal.

Thanks for the info!
The reason I was asking was because I remember reading somewhere that breeding two Blue Mille Fleur together produced only 50% Blue Mille Fleur chicks, 25% Mille Fleur, and 25% Splash.

I'm in Canada and am ordering from a local hatchery, Performance Poultry.

Thanks for the info!
The reason I was asking was because I remember reading somewhere that breeding two Blue Mille Fleur together produced only 50% Blue Mille Fleur chicks, 25% Mille Fleur, and 25% Splash.

I'm in Canada and am ordering from a local hatchery, Performance Poultry.
Ohh, okay. That's probably right. I hope my blue mille fleurs turn out true blue mille fleur.

(Not my picture, just using it as a reference)
I think this is a good representative of the blue mille fleur variation.

Back
Top Bottom