D'uccle Thread

i need to get some updated pics of my 2 pullets for everyone here and teddi...i bet yall are tired of seeing blue boy lol
lol.png
i just cant help but show him off

Quote:
I realize this is a super old post, but just in case you still wanted to know.......I live in Wisconsin and we get into sub zero temps here and I don't have any problems. As long as they have shelter, they seem fine!

Quote:
I do believe you have a booted bantam on your hands. A booted bantam can seem the same to many people as a D'Uccle but there are quite a few differences. The Booted Bantam has no Beard, has Large Wattles, is Taller and has a "U" shape between the head / neck and tail. I don't see any sign of their being a beard on him, but will have to see when the feathers come in.
I used to have a Booted bantam that was given to ma as a D'Uccle I still have pics if you want to take a look and compare him to your boy for reference. He obviously wasn't so i gave him to a Booted Bantam breeder.

Ok found out he is supposed to be a lav cochin here is an older pic. Not great quality but was told lavs never are or is it a booted ?

ZC

Two young roos - D'uccle Poreclain D'uccle Mille Fleur need new homes.

I am in the Denver metro area and I recently rescued these two gentlemen. They are my first of this breed and they get along perfectly - brothers since back in the egg. I am amateur enough to have thought that there is no way that those tiny little guys could possibly have fertilized the eggs of my big girls... I have about 30 gals and sell the eggs for dirt cheap to friends. I pick up eggs every single day and cannot figure how we have had a handful of embryo's in eggs. I have one gal who likes to sit on eggs and I don't take them from under her. Nobody else has ever sat on an egg. I'm terribly sad, but would love to find a new home for them. Is anyone in town? I'd love a trade for one or two D'uccle gals. If you're here and interested, please contact me and let me know.

Jennifer
[email protected]

I've been reading through the old posts and noticed several people mentioning something unique about D'uccles that I too have experienced. It sounds like D'uccle hens like to "team" set eggs and raise chicks. Our 2 mille hens took turns setting on a clutch then raised all the chicks together after the hatch. Is this common in these guys? Also, another show related question, do crooked combs matter? Sorry about all my questions!

Back
Top Bottom