D'uccle Thread

Okay first off, sorry for all the pics but I am a little confused on my girls coloring... She is one month old today and still has barely any comb so yes, I'm sticking with girl
celebrate.gif

She is supposed to be splash.. but looks like her feathers are coming in more like a Mille.. I'm totally new to D'uccles and their colors so please correct me if I'm wrong...

She started off as mostly yellow with a few black spots and black foot feathering. Now this is coming in. Ive seen pics of splash D'uccles and they look nothing like this... Am I just going crazy? lol

And this is why I say girl. No comb growth in the past 3 weeks I've had her, and it's still pale, no darkening at all... Now if I only had that kind of luck with the three silkies she is rooming with
roll.png

This was her two weeks ago.

Thanks to everyone for your input on my possible fliers! I'm tempted to try to keep them both. Are D'uccle roos noisy? I can't get over how quiet these two are! Right now they are sharing the brooder with 2 EE and 2 polish. The two EEs especially seem to be noisy little drama queens, lol. The D'uccles make just the sweetest little quiet peeps! Oh, and at what age is it usually okay to clip a wing?

These are our girls, Clarabelle (left) and Louella Imogene (right).

Miss Louella again. These are our first chickens, and they are so fun! Love their personalities.

I am having one heck of a time trying to get me some porcelain d'uccles and its really agrivating i have found a few local breeders the first one they just sold their breeder trio i was like ugh..... then i found another his whole flock of all his d'uccles were killed by a pitbull the night before.... ugh!!!! so i found another guy just posted an ad today i call and he is like i have none available or eggs or anything they went broody.... ugh so I WANT PORCELAINS and can not find any..... can anyone help me???

i have one porcelain girl that is covered by a hatchery self blue. i myself am looking for eggs of any color right now. i am testing her eggs out to see if any chicks live and to see if my rooster has hidden genes since he is a hatchery bird. then i have my trio of silkie/d'uccle mixes that i am also going to do some hatching from :) for my own little backyard right now. i do need black to get a project that i have in mind started though.

Back
Top Bottom