D'uccle Thread

They are always under feather legged bantams when I go to shows. They can still be grouped also by bantams with that type of comb too for awards.
see i was wrong
hide.gif
lol but it happens im human. waiting to see if i still have any remaining d'uccle eggs alive and hatching in the next few days (i hate power outages lost a lot of eggs due to that), then on the 9th i have some of my own mixed eggs going into lockdown and then the 12-13th i have more eggs in lockdown from my silkie/d'uccle mixes. so hoping they hatch since i lost their dad to 3 large dogs one night

d'Uccles are in the bantam featherleg class, along with bantam faverolles, bantam cochins, booted bantams, and silkies.

BTW, d'Uccles are strictly bantam. In fact, some were getting a little large and judges will DQ them if they're too big.
I was wondering about that. One of my roos looks a little big I have the Standards book and I have a scale to weigh him on, if he's too heavy I guess he will be culled. And I saw a BIG d'uccle roo shown at the State Fair. Looked like he had Rhode Island Red in him, definitely a DQ.

I am new here and new to chickens. I have 2 d'uccles one hen and one roo both 6 months old. I have a question about the foot feathers. My rooster seems to have broken a feather on his foot and it was bleeding but it stopped. I know about blood feathers because I also have had parrots for several years but I'm just wondering if this will be a regular occurrence with the foot feathers? Are they just prone to this? And also should I keep their foot feathers trimmed? They do spend some time inside ( they both love to cuddle especially the roo) but go outside everyday too.
Is this thread for anything d'uccle related or just breeding?

It's for anything d'Uccle related.

Yes, I keep mine inside while their foot feathers are still bloody, but they do hollow out in about three weeks and then they can go outside again. I usually pluck all of mine out when they're molting so they come in at the same time. You can also try dipping the feet in mineral oil every night, as well as being good to keep the leg mites off it keeps the foot feathers very soft and flexible. An apple cider vinegar rinse will also work pretty well.

As for me, I hatched out two Gold Necks out of my GoldNeck Booted / MilleFleur d'Uccle pair a few weeks ago, and I think it's a pair! The boy has crazy long vulture hocks, I love it.
yesss.gif

The hen got out of her cage, however, twice I believe, so unfortunately we also hatched out at least 3 mutts.
tongue.gif
Well, at least they're cute.

Yes, I keep mine inside while their foot feathers are still bloody, but they do hollow out in about three weeks and then they can go outside again. I usually pluck all of mine out when they're molting so they come in at the same time. You can also try dipping the feet in mineral oil every night, as well as being good to keep the leg mites off it keeps the foot feathers very soft and flexible. An apple cider vinegar rinse will also work pretty well.

As for me, I hatched out two Gold Necks out of my GoldNeck Booted / MilleFleur d'Uccle pair a few weeks ago, and I think it's a pair! The boy has crazy long vulture hocks, I love it.
yesss.gif

The hen got out of her cage, however, twice I believe, so unfortunately we also hatched out at least 3 mutts.
tongue.gif
Well, at least they're cute.

you can send me the mutts lol

I have two young and beautiful little gals that are in with a silkie Roo right now, as he gets bigger i worry about their backs being hurt by his weight. So I have a ? I have my 3 Original D'Uccle the Roo is 3 and the girls I got 3 years ago but did not know their age at the time so i am guessing one is 4 and the other 3, any who how likely is it i would be able to integrate the younger girls in with the group, I think the little Roo would love to have more girls but the older girls are little stinkers to newbies. all three are currently in with other assorted bantams, I guess my ? is what is the likely hood that the older gals would get jealous if i added in more D'Uccle females as they are the only ones of this breed?
I have hatched chicks from my Golden Neck hen and my Porcelain Roo and almost all of them have come out like a blue mille except this last one who has markings and coloring like a traditional Mille. But If i am able to integrate the new girls one a Black mottled and the other a Dark Mille what would the chicks come out like? Has anyone ever crossed a Porcelain and black mottled?

Yes, I keep mine inside while their foot feathers are still bloody, but they do hollow out in about three weeks and then they can go outside again. I usually pluck all of mine out when they're molting so they come in at the same time. You can also try dipping the feet in mineral oil every night, as well as being good to keep the leg mites off it keeps the foot feathers very soft and flexible. An apple cider vinegar rinse will also work pretty well.

As for me, I hatched out two Gold Necks out of my GoldNeck Booted / MilleFleur d'Uccle pair a few weeks ago, and I think it's a pair! The boy has crazy long vulture hocks, I love it. :yesss:

The hen got out of her cage, however, twice I believe, so unfortunately we also hatched out at least 3 mutts. :tongue   Well, at least they're cute.

Thanks! When you say apple cider vinegar rinse, do you mean straight vinegar or mix with water? I always have that on hand it's got so many great uses. For some reason my roo is the only one with the problem my hens foot feathers are much shorter.
I'd love to hatch their eggs but I don't have enough space for any more (we've got other animals too) and I don't think they are show quality or anything but their temperament is wonderful.
Actually I brought them to my classroom (I teach elem.school) and they were great with the kids. We had hatched some chicks I got from a local chicken farm and I wanted them to see a full grown chicken too. My hen even laid an egg while we were there LOL. They are just great with kids.

You can also try dipping the feet in mineral oil every night, as well as being good to keep the leg mites off it keeps the foot feathers very soft and flexible. An apple cider vinegar rinse will also work pretty well.
Gonna have to try that when showing season comes up...what a novel idea!

Back
Top Bottom