Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
20210917_170937.jpg
20210917_170724.jpg
20210917_170820.jpg

My little Faith (incomplete lilac magpie) is starting to show fading from the sun ☹️ With her most recent molt, she has one obvious chocolate wing feather on one wing. Pyxis did say that lilac is chocolate and blue, so that definitely makes sense. I am kicking myself for not covering their run with a solid roof to avoid the sun bleaching. I was warned about this in regards to the Aztec's, but I ran out of time and everyone has a net roof outside the duck house. I'll be working on a solid roof for the future. I need to get pictures of them. My Buff Orpington duck is finishing her molt and I'm shocked at how dark she's feathered in. I'm guessing it's not really as drastic as it seems and the sun was a factor in her previous light feathering. I need to get updated pictures of all of the ducks to share

Last edited:
The very top duck with the dark bill, wow! Is that color something Blue? I am absolutely crazy about Lav/Blue in all poultry 💜 Looks like you've got a lot of blue in your flock 😍 I desperately want to add some of those solid whites and some blues. You've got a gorgeous flock!
That's a liliac.
I believe that comes from mixing blue and chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom