Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
The geese aren't any better. They will just walk through their water with their dirty little feet. Pools, water bowls, buckets, you name it. They are like cats. If I fits, I sits. At least the ducks are too short to get into most of the tall stuff. I really want to get the water troughs ready for them before winter. I'm hoping the elevation will help with the amount of mud that's in the pools.
I hate to tell you, but that's not mud...

I hate to tell you, but that's not mud...
lol Oh I know it isn't all mud. But while I'm re-filling them and watching them bill dirt directly into the clean water a lot of it is mud. I will say that when the geese and ducks were on a larger pasture their feed to grass intake ratio was much lower and the water never smelled like horrible gross. Now that they are in the barn to keep them from getting snatched by a bobcat they are eating a lot more feed. The first time I changed their pool I was appalled at the smell.

Oh my gosh the photos here are not helping :lau We are sadly at capacity with 4 as our garden is so small, but when we next look to move house my priority is a lovely amount of land for more webbed friends:fl token photo of some of the mini flock
A992E72B-1722-4233-9FF2-225BE4E57D85.jpeg
5FABC584-8F12-4FAA-917C-4589EC01C45F.jpeg
A3E4728D-9A84-4565-8EE4-E235A5BEC8C3.jpeg
60A16007-608C-4B94-A149-66C4FA517B33.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom