Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Wow, they expect you to buy sight unseen?

Can't wait to see them! How old will they be?
They have an excellent reputation and excellent stock, so I'm not too worried with the tier I chose. Definitely bummed I have to wait to see them though!

Me either! I know they were hatched this past spring. So I'm guessing around 6 months or so.

Nice. I gather these are Calls? Most of my flock is all under 5 months, I only have six adults out of 37 duck. The rest are from 2 weeks to about 4 1/2 months or so, and only two of those are from my own birds!

I may have gone a bit duck crazy... I keep telling my daughter (who graciously allows me to live with her) that it was hormones! She isn't buying it...

Nice. I gather these are Calls? Most of my flock is all under 5 months, I only have six adults out of 37 duck. The rest are from 2 weeks to about 4 1/2 months or so, and only two of those are from my own birds!

I may have gone a bit duck crazy... I keep telling my daughter (who graciously allows me to live with her) that it was hormones! She isn't buying it...
You have quite the crew! Yep, they're Calls. 😁

You have quite the crew! Yep, they're Calls. 😁
23 of those are Muscovy. I'm going to need a LOT of breeding pens to get the colours I want...

That's not counting the 24 chickens (includes the four roos I haven't decided what to do with yet) and 17 (currently) rabbits, at least five of which are destined for Freezer Camp.

Keep in mind that I started off the year with ten ducks, and lost four of them before getting any ducklings.

And if I had the space, I would have horses, goats/sheep, pigs, donkeys, and mules! And probably more, those are just the ones I really want. Eventually, we'll get more of the forest cleared of underbrush and add some of those.

23 of those are Muscovy. I'm going to need a LOT of breeding pens to get the colours I want...

That's not counting the 24 chickens (includes the four roos I haven't decided what to do with yet) and 17 (currently) rabbits, at least five of which are destined for Freezer Camp.

Keep in mind that I started off the year with ten ducks, and lost four of them before getting any ducklings.

And if I had the space, I would have horses, goats/sheep, pigs, donkeys, and mules! And probably more, those are just the ones I really want. Eventually, we'll get more of the forest cleared of underbrush and add some of those.
You should start a flock thread and share pics!

20220816_092934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom