Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
I'll try to remember to get pics this afternoon.
Idk what I have going on color wise.
The blue fawn and grey drakes are getting their big boy colors...
The two yellers I would have called pastel are not getting that bluish gray head they should get if they were pastel.
Avatar duck has a lot of almost white feathers.

I don't think you're too chatty😉
And you always manage to stay on topic. That kinda thing never happens to me.

Plus nobody else here knows other ducks names. I can barely remember mine. The other day I stood there staring at the C bead on Catherine going "what does the C stand for🤔".
You're so kind. Thank you. Oftentimes I end up being THAT one talking about something so far off topic or writing a novel about nothing, absolutely nothing. I hate wasting people's time but I love chatting ☺️

As far as names, I find myself doing that too. If I'm trying to get the attention of one of my birds, sometimes I'll call out 5 or more names before I get the right one. Or I'll just go blank and say, "Hey YOU!". Luckily my daughter is usually following behind and reminds me with her young 10 year old mind. I guess it's a good thing I only have one child 😏

I deleted a lot of this reply because I was making an example, unintentionally. I promise I'm trying to do better 😂☺️😊☺️😊☺️😂

Any chance you have a picture that you'd share with us? I'd love to see her
20211017_134131_1.gif
20211017_134114.jpg

This is Candy. Part of the reason I'm disappointed is because I sold my black runner drake but I had incubated a bunch of runner eggs and was excited when this one hatched because she was so dark. All my other runners are brown or fawn.

I hope you'll share pictures! I'd love to see your silkies too 😍
Congrats on the hatches! I LOVE hatching too. I went crazy and bought 4 (yes FOUR) incubators. Now Heather's Poultry Inn has NO vacancies and it's a struggle not buying eggs left and right. There are so many breeds I still want to add and so many more ducks I want, but I'm being defeated, or maybe I'm being held hostage as a POSER Duck Addict/Hatch Addict. I need building supplies and a building sensei (to teach me how to whip something together to protect animals) . I've got some woods to clear for housing future poultry.

Oh yeah, I want geese too. The flock of 43+ of wild geese are about to break me but I'm all yearning for more animals to feed.

Is my lack of self control showing 🤣🤣🤣
Sorry I missed this post somehow! :hmm
Anyways I will definitely post some pictures of the silkies! I’m in love! :love

I bought 4 nurture right 360’s as well… :oops: make sure to tell me when you start your next hatch! I think you should add some Black East Indies! I’m so excited to get my pair! I may also have 6 eggs in the incubator! :D

I don’t mean to fuel your duck addiction… :lau

Sorry I missed this post somehow! :hmm
Anyways I will definitely post some pictures of the silkies! I’m in love! :love

I bought 4 nurture right 360’s as well… :oops: make sure to tell me when you start your next hatch! I think you should add some Black East Indies! I’m so excited to get my pair! I may also have 6 eggs in the incubator! :D

I don’t mean to fuel your duck addiction… :lau
Four NR360's? Wow! I was undecided on which incubator I wanted so I purchased my 3 faves. Once I decided that I liked the NR360 and they became available again in my area, I purchased another one. I shouldn't have done that, but I can't go back in time. The other two I purchased are a Brinsea Maxi II Advance and an Incuview. I'd like to keep a NR360 and the Brinsea, I think. I haven't used any of them since hatching Della, my youngest duck (Aussie Spot). I did look at the BEI and I love them. They're kind of like a miniature Cayuga 💜 The next breed of ducks I add will be mini Appleyards or Runners. I really love Muscovy and hope to add some of them too. I also love standard size Appleyards. Good grief! I am pathetic! I need one duck in each breed, size, color and sex, please. 😂

In reality, after reading that, I have seriously taken steps in my duck addiction. The first step is admitting the problem. Now I'm already controlling the constant urges of duck math, err Duck addition. It's so hard though

@Everose just a little snippet of my rambling 😂🤣🤣😂

Back
Top Bottom