Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
They make enough mess as ducklings to last a lifetime. So many times I remember saying, "It's a good thing you're cute." when they were ducklings. Honestly though, is there anything more cute than a duckling? That should be the definition of cute
I said that, too. About a hundred times a day.

And yes, the definition of cute. So cute.

Chickens are messier?! I've never had chickens. I just... Can't imagine anything messier than my ducks! And noisier, too? Ducks are my only poultry so I have nothing to compare them to, but I feel like they are so incredibly loud and messy! Now I'm scared of chickens.
Oh yes, yes, yes! They're so incredibly messy! They roost on everything and shoot poop for a few feet in every direction, they dust bathe and fling the dirt skyhigh when they shake, they also just look very dirty when compared to a water bathing duck. And roosters, ugh, they just crow and crow and crow! The girls don't stop singin' that dang egg song, even if haven't laid in months. The chickens will yell at me for no frickin reason🙄. They can be so mean too.

Ducks are wet and messy but they at least manage to keep the mess on the ground. They also have mostly laughing noises or really goofy sounds.

The roosters don't scare me, but roosters can kill. I *heard* of a lady who was spurred in an artery in her leg and bled to death. I have had some insanely mean roos. Ducks have only been sweet so far.

Pastel dusky, I would guess :)

No wait, I take it back a little bit - claret breast shouldn't be present with dusky. But he also doesn't seem to have eyestripes. Hmm. I still think pastel, but I'll have to think on why the claret breast but also no eyestripes or throat ring.

No wait, I take it back a little bit - claret breast shouldn't be present with dusky. But he also doesn't seem to have eyestripes. Hmm. I still think pastel, but I'll have to think on why the claret breast but also no eyestripes or throat ring.
With my Porcelain Aztec drakes, some of them are just now starting to show evidence of their neck rings and they're older than this handsome drake. I know they're different but only one of 4 has his full neck ring and blue head. The other 3 are very slowly getting the correct plumage. I wonder if this guy is just slowly feathering too?

Edited to add: My Porcelain Aztec drakes have had their claret breast for a little while now. This is the first time I'm seeing their nuptial plumage, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Now I see the drastic difference in the one with his white neck ring and blue head. His claret breast has also widened a lot from the small amount in the very beginning.

@Overo Mare be on the lookout! I just found my very first Call egg!!! I am so surprised! I've got to get some oyster shell out there now. I am just in shock. I know ours are a couple of days apart in age, so I figured you'd want to know.
Oh that's exciting!!! I will definitely start watching!

Back
Top Bottom