Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
Pastel dusky, I would guess :)

No wait, I take it back a little bit - claret breast shouldn't be present with dusky. But he also doesn't seem to have eyestripes. Hmm. I still think pastel, but I'll have to think on why the claret breast but also no eyestripes or throat ring.
Yeah I know right? I thought that same thing too.
I mean I guess maybe he'll get the blue head later on in life but right now the ones the same age as him that are blue fawn and gray are getting their nuptial plumage.
So you would go to think this one would too. He is molting but that head color is not changing.
Guess I'm just going to have to keep him around and see what he looks like huh. 🤪

I just think somehow or another my pastels and my chocolates are creating their own mixed up colors. But I like it!

@Overo Mare be on the lookout! I just found my very first Call egg!!! I am so surprised! I've got to get some oyster shell out there now. I am just in shock. I know ours are a couple of days apart in age, so I figured you'd want to know.
Yay!! Congrats!!
When did the possible layer hatch? If its Faith, she hatched in mid-April, right?
My Phoenix hatched April 9th.

Yay!! Congrats!!
When did the possible layer hatch? If its Faith, she hatched in mid-April, right?
My Phoenix hatched April 9th.
Thank you! Faith hatched April 18th. Lylah hatched the day before, isn't laying and has absolutely zero interest in Paisley or Tulley. I guess there's a possibility that she might wait but who knows.

@Pyxis can you give me some insight when you get a chance?
This is one of the new babies, is this one a snowy? It just looks kinda different, and I’ve never gotten one like this. Mom is a black bib and I don’t have any snowy drakes only a hen. :confused:

ugh I think this one might be a keeper :oops:View attachment 2870962View attachment 2870963View attachment 2870964View attachment 2870967

Could be snowy, but I might be able to say for sure if you can get some pictures in better lighting :)

Yeah I know right? I thought that same thing too.
I mean I guess maybe he'll get the blue head later on in life but right now the ones the same age as him that are blue fawn and gray are getting their nuptial plumage.
So you would go to think this one would too. He is molting but that head color is not changing.
Guess I'm just going to have to keep him around and see what he looks like huh. 🤪

I just think somehow or another my pastels and my chocolates are creating their own mixed up colors. But I like it!

It'll be interesting to see how he colors up, for sure!

Could be snowy, but I might be able to say for sure if you can get some pictures in better lighting :)
Thanks! I got some better pictures! :D
D2D3D998-7D46-48E7-82F2-9C19FCBC8177.jpeg
3830183F-1D29-41A6-BC87-4AE30D44C9E3.jpeg
9FE7C6F5-67BA-40A2-983B-FEDE80CE33AC.jpeg
A032C0F6-04EA-466A-AEC1-CEDE04575E98.jpeg
52677B2A-90BE-464A-BA6F-6E04922C0EE1.jpeg
46E7921B-D215-424E-A52C-9983405F09F3.jpeg
D19F66E5-6A2D-4551-952C-58910A65B64B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom