Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Everyone’s ducks are so cute!
I can’t hatch any ducks at the moment because a fox got in and killed all our ducks (including the 3 that would have to be $70 each. 2 of which we’d only just got 2 weeks before hand). Luckily one of the ducks was injured but still alive. And I was too lazy to put my 4 ducklings out there so I still had them in the yard plus a duck with her 8 ducklings in another pen. Now I’ve just got to wait until they’re old enough before I could hatch again.

The incubator is still being used though with 3 dozen chicken eggs
put in there yesterday :oops:

Everyone’s ducks are so cute!
I can’t hatch any ducks at the moment because a fox got in and killed all our ducks (including the 3 that would have to be $70 each. 2 of which we’d only just got 2 weeks before hand). Luckily one of the ducks was injured but still alive. And I was too lazy to put my 4 ducklings out there so I still had them in the yard plus a duck with her 8 ducklings in another pen. Now I’ve just got to wait until they’re old enough before I could hatch again.

The incubator is still being used though with 3 dozen chicken eggs
put in there yesterday :oops:
I'm so sorry for your losses. That's awful. I'm so happy to read that you still have a survivor and others from a different pen. Please share some pictures with us if you'd like. We'd love to see them 💜

I'm so sorry for your losses. That's awful. I'm so happy to read that you still have a survivor and others from a different pen. Please share some pictures with us if you'd like. We'd love to see them 💜
These are the ones I lost. The 3 white ones were going in the freezer anyway so it wasn't too bad. Except one of them was my baby who imprinted on me because he was an only hatch. But the other 3 were the problem. I lost the Cayuga pair and the Runner drake. The 2 drakes were the ones I had only picked up a few weeks earlier.
Snapchat-128824279.jpg

These are the ones I'm left with. I'm hoping to find another Cayuga pair soon.
Snapchat-928990229.jpg
Snapchat-335702242.jpg

I had was left with 14 after the attack but I sold 4 so now I've got the 10.

We got about 10” of snow last night. The ducks tried walking in my foot steps, but they quickly decided it wasn’t worth it. :lau
View attachment 2964086
View attachment 2964087
Oh my gosh! Is this from winter storm Izzy? She spat out a little ice at us and moved on. I feel a bit ridiculous for complaining about the tiny bit we got. It's already gone for the most part

You could name the drake "Keeper" since your husband, that is truly a keeper, surprised you with him 💜
I decided to name him Keifer the Keeper 😍
I can't believe how clean and pretty he looks after his bath. He's so not happy with me. It's freaking him out that he's in that cage since he can't get away if I come near him.

Back
Top Bottom