Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Those are really pretty!
Muscovy have really grown on me since joining byc and seeing more pictures of them.
Thanks! I feel in love with muscovy in Texas watching them wag their tails. They were so adorable. They just have such amazing personalities and socialize so fast. I can definitely see how the caruncles throw people off at first, but they are awesome ducks.

On a random side note. Went to put my ducks to bed tonight. And my ducks were soooo cuddly. My Saxony, especially, essentially lined up for cuddles. They normally would rather go to bed, but not tonight. They even came back for more.

Copying my post from another topic:

It started Innocently enough, with only three... Then we got three more. This was fine, until I found the Livestock section of the online want ads. I had discovered the ultimate! The noble MUSCOVY! Soon, four of those graced our duckyard.

That was it. That was supposed to be it. That was what we had agreed to, and we would let them reproduce naturally. But disaster struck! We lost four 'regulars', and the Muscovy drake shot blanks! The one remaining duck only hatched out three peepers. Their numbers were too low! This was not enough!

With shame, I turned to the Livestock section once more. THERE! More adorable-ness! Soon, the six new 'scovies filled the yard with their peeps and chirps! But it wasn't enough, and I needed more. Always more!

I turned to more exotic flavours. I wanted chocolate, and silver, and lavender! Barred and rippled, and pied! The 'regulars' were forgotten in my search for more refined highs. The 'scovy numbers increased steadily, the original four now seventeen!

My family intervened. Or tried to! My daughter said "NO MORE!" but she couldn't refuse when presented with FREE. Sure, they weren't 'scovies, but they were still ducks! And the Cayuga needed more ladies. Right? RIGHT!?! They get here on Monday.

(Hangs head in shame, but also to hide a manic grin)

My name is Wind, and I AM A DUCKAHOLIC!

Copying my post from another topic:

It started Innocently enough, with only three... Then we got three more. This was fine, until I found the Livestock section of the online want ads. I had discovered the ultimate! The noble MUSCOVY! Soon, four of those graced our duckyard.

That was it. That was supposed to be it. That was what we had agreed to, and we would let them reproduce naturally. But disaster struck! We lost four 'regulars', and the Muscovy drake shot blanks! The one remaining duck only hatched out three peepers. Their numbers were too low! This was not enough!

With shame, I turned to the Livestock section once more. THERE! More adorable-ness! Soon, the six new 'scovies filled the yard with their peeps and chirps! But it wasn't enough, and I needed more. Always more!

I turned to more exotic flavours. I wanted chocolate, and silver, and lavender! Barred and rippled, and pied! The 'regulars' were forgotten in my search for more refined highs. The 'scovy numbers increased steadily, the original four now seventeen!

My family intervened. Or tried to! My daughter said "NO MORE!" but she couldn't refuse when presented with FREE. Sure, they weren't 'scovies, but they were still ducks! And the Cayuga needed more ladies. Right? RIGHT!?! They get here on Monday.

(Hangs head in shame, but also to hide a manic grin)

My name is Wind, and I AM A DUCKAHOLIC!
Do not despair! There is a cure, you must use your inner strength and follow my unerring ways.

https://delishably.com/.amp/meat-dishes/how-to-cook-a-duck

https://www.realtree.com/the-duck-blog/are-you-a-terrible-shot-heres-how-to-kill-ducks-anyway

Together we can beat your Duxaholicism. Now quickly join DA.

That's
Quite tempting, I like turkeys especially when they are little!
But my city allows ducks and chickens not turkeys. Poooh
Does it specifically say no turkeys? Or are they just not mentioned as being allowed.

I would take the position a turkey is just a big chicken.

Back
Top Bottom