Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
I don't know about your guys but it has been far too long since I have seen any ducky updates! I want to see some ducky photos!

@FunnyfarmMidwest @Overo Mare @Everose @Isadora @shawluvsbirds @HeatherKellyB @WVduckchick @Daphne_loves_mealworms @Miss Lydia @addctd2plnts @KaleIAm

I am sure I have missed some people.
Agreed! @HeatherKellyB needs to post some update pics for sure!

Let's see... Updates for me...

I sold both boys in preparation for the new pair coming this fall. They went to a great home together.

All my girls have finished molting and are now flighted. They still listen excellently and I have zero worries about them flying around when they get excited.

I'm impatiently waiting to hear from the pastel breeder about my reserved pair.

That's about it for me! Let me see if I can find a recent pic..

Here we are. The ladies being lazy.
20220815_110838.jpg

Agreed! @HeatherKellyB needs to post some update pics for sure!

Let's see... Updates for me...

I sold both boys in preparation for the new pair coming this fall. They went to a great home together.

All my girls have finished molting and are now flighted. They still listen excellently and I have zero worries about them flying around when they get excited.

I'm impatiently waiting to hear from the pastel breeder about my reserved pair.

That's about it for me! Let me see if I can find a recent pic..

Here we are. The ladies being lazy.
View attachment 3226794
That would be very exciting to get some pastels. If you get them, you are going to need to show them off.

I wish mine were molting more. They are all taking their dear sweet time this year.

I need to get some updated pictures of everyone but I have pictures of my most recently hatched Call Duck handy. An adorable little black bibbed. I think he's about 5 days old now, but here's a picture of him at 1 or 2 days old. I made a safety hole for this little one but he did everything else on his own. I did have to cut the membrane because he zipped all the way around and couldn't get out. Poor little one was so upset and was zipping around again when I realized it. The membrane was really thick. This is the first time I didn't have to use any oil or warm water to keep the membrane moistened, so he fluffed up quickly 💜 Obviously it's not ideal to brood one duckling but I have plenty to integrate this little one with plus he's already been around other ducks (not where the duck can get at him in any way).

20220811_120617.jpg

20220810_120807.jpg

Here's a video of Piper playing in the big ducks pool. The big ducks weren't too happy. I had to keep my Buff girl, Tom, from attacking Piper. In turn, Tom showed her disappointment to me by going up my leg in frustration. I don't think she's forgiven me yet. On the bright side, Piper enjoyed the big pool 😍

I need to get some updated pictures of everyone but I have pictures of my most recently hatched Call Duck handy. An adorable little black bibbed. I think he's about 5 days old now, but here's a picture of him at 1 or 2 days old. I made a safety hole for this little one but he did everything else on his own. I did have to cut the membrane because he zipped all the way around and couldn't get out. Poor little one was so upset and was zipping around again when I realized it. The membrane was really thick. This is the first time I didn't have to use any oil or warm water to keep the membrane moistened, so he fluffed up quickly 💜 Obviously it's not ideal to brood one duckling but I have plenty to integrate this little one with plus he's already been around other ducks (not where the duck can get at him in any way).

View attachment 3226829
View attachment 3226833
OMG! Such a cutie!

Back
Top Bottom