Duck attacked please help!!! URGENT

Glad you could get such good help with him. Perhaps an non-breakable mirror and a stuffed toy could help your girl. And time with you, of course. Prayers for you all.
hugs.gif

I sure hope the little fellow makes it, in the mean time maybe look over your place you are keeping them to make sure no other pred can get to them. Do you know for sure it was a cat did you see it?

Have spoken to the vet, I think its a FOX. the bites look to big to be a domestic cat. She said its unlikely for a cat to attack a duck. That they would be curious and paw them, but rarely would try to kill them.

Vet said he is looking perkier, but he's still unable to stand on the leg where the bite was. And hes still not eaten anything yet. We are taking his partner down tonight and she is going to stay with him in the hope that it might help. Shes at home alone now and has really eaten much since this happened. I think seeing each other may help them!

Vet said he is looking perkier, but he's still unable to stand on the leg where the bite was. And hes still not eaten anything yet. We are taking his partner down tonight and she is going to stay with him in the hope that it might help. Shes at home alone now and has really eaten much since this happened. I think seeing each other may help them!
Great idea for the 2 of them to be together.

Had some good news.

He's started eating again, Not his usual dried food, but he took down 6 large worms this morning! The vet said he's looking perkier and he's started quacking again!

We get to bring him home tomorrow, he''s still be on liquid antibiotics and pain killers so we'll just have to keep him as comfortable as possible. We'll keep him inside for a few days so he stays warm and clean and then take it from there.

But its looking better so far !
celebrate.gif

Had some good news.

He's started eating again, Not his usual dried food, but he took down 6 large worms this morning! The vet said he's looking perkier and he's started quacking again!

We get to bring him home tomorrow, he''s still be on liquid antibiotics and pain killers so we'll just have to keep him as comfortable as possible. We'll keep him inside for a few days so he stays warm and clean and then take it from there.

But its looking better so far !
celebrate.gif
Wonderful news!!!

Back
Top Bottom