Fox attacked my ducks

Pics
Sounds like to were able to get to them quick which always is good. Keep the wounds clean and make sure to keep them on as clean of bedding as you can while they are healing to keep nasty bacteria out, Rinsing in a saline wash and using something like triple antibiotic on the wound will help. Main thing is watching for infection. Keeping them on clean towels might be best to keep anything from sticking to the wound and if you can clipping feathers back so they don't get caught in the wounds as they heal.
Also reinforce the pen they were in predators are notorious for finding ways inside which means they will even climb. And most likely what ever it was will be back.

Ducks are extremely good at recovering if given good care. I'm sorry this happened.

:welcome

Thank you very much for responding. He’s doing okay at the moment just having a bit of time outside in a segregated area from their usual pen so they can’t access their pond or duck made muddy puddles in attempt to keep him clean. I’ll be bringing them in for the foreseeable. Hoping for the best 🤞

Thank you very much for responding. He’s doing okay at the moment just having a bit of time outside in a segregated area from their usual pen so they can’t access their pond or duck made muddy puddles in attempt to keep him clean. I’ll be bringing them in for the foreseeable. Hoping for the best 🤞
Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

He’s doing ok still🤞 he’s been drinking a fair bit so I’ve tried adding electrolytes to ensure some energy/ nutrients plus his female makes sure he has some grainy water!
I’ve been keeping them separated for the best part of the day so he can rest and she goes out with the chickens so she’s still roaming but I have been putting him out for a few hours in the morning just to get some air!
I’ve been keeping on top of his wound, I clipped the feathers back so keep them out the way and it’s definitely looking better than before so we are very optimistic just worried that’s he’s still not eating very much and that he must be in a lot of pain- so any suggestions for something he may eat or some sort of pain medication?
Thanks again 😊🤞 xxx

And a picture of my beautiful boy as I’ve just figured out how to add a photo! (& Our rather large cockerel in the background!)

Attachments

• IMG_1150.png
    IMG_1150.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom