Duck attacked

You did great with the cleaning. Keep a triple antibiotic ointment on it.

I would also try offering a mash. Maybe mix a bit of scrambled egg into it. Is she drinking? That is the most important thing. If she continues to refuse food and/or water, tubing will be needed.
She is drinking fine she swims in the pond she hates being pend up but I pen her in at night so I can clean the wounds she is happy and quacks walks around fine swims fine

Have you tried making her feed soupy if she can drink she maybe able to drink her feed?

Tube feeding is a good way to make sure they are getting nutrients but if she is having difficulty holding her head up from swelling that may not be what to do yet. Try making her feed soupy with warm water. Are you giving her anything for pain and inflammation? Do you have any Meloxicam?
I have not given her anything not sure what to use and no I do t have meloxicam. Been using vetericyn

Poor girl. Mink are awful critters to get in a coop. We’ve had three attacks by mink. The first attack injured two of our ducks in a similar way to yours. We kept the wounds clean with vetricyn and triple antibiotic. Unfortunately we still lost one after she had a seizure.

Poor girl. Mink are awful critters to get in a coop. We’ve had three attacks by mink. The first attack injured two of our ducks in a similar way to yours. We kept the wounds clean with vetricyn and triple antibiotic. Unfortunately we still lost one after she had a seizure.
Very sorry for your loss.

Meloxicam is for pain and inflammation. We can only get it by vet prescription but sometimes we have some left over from another pet that had to be on it. But you can also use aspirin for pain and inflammation.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ibuprofen-dose-for-ducks.1308956/#post-21335983
Thank you for the information I got some
Fowl wound care it has tea tree oil in it. And I did tube feed her and she did very well I have allowed her out with the other ducks and she has been on the pond I bring her in at night. She is still a little swollen but doing better

Back
Top Bottom