Duck baths

claireree

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Please can you tell me what you all use for baths for your chickens, Ive just got mine a bath and going to build them a ramp into it but not sure as I have chickens as well and dont want them to get into it, anyone got any suggestions, this is the bath they had before, its good but a nightmare to empty

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
I just use one of the those snaplock pools. To empty it all you have to do is push down one of the sides. I have a ramp going in and a cinder block in the pool to 'rescue' any chickens that manage to fall in.

mariehanson

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 2, 2013
Northern England, UK
I used a cement mixing tray in my ducks pen (they have a pond in the garden when I let them out to free range)
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=832700

I know that link is from an English company but I'm sure you should be able to get something similar from your hardware stores. I put a large rock in the bottom at one side to allow the ducks to be able to hop out and I dug it into the ground so they can just belly flop in and cause a wave of water to splash out and make mud puddles
roll.png
. You can see the bath in the below picture (excuse the mucky ducky), it is easy to empty out, I take a couple of large buckets of water out and it is then easier to lift out and tip the water onto the garden.

Going Quackers

Crowing
10 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
Your picture didn't work for me. I have several things actually, the main are 50GAL troughs(like waterers for livestock) kiddy pools, ... plus large livestock rubber bowls are well liked too.

The pic is showing a real small one but imagine a large one, that is just the quickest pic i had lol

Top Bottom