Duck being picked on

Thunderduck9

Songster
Dec 2, 2017
N.E. PA
Hi everyone well we have another dilemma,I have one duck (Socks) a very big mix breed chasing one of my kaki males (Junior) the tattle tale of the bunch he only goes after him its funny as all get go. Socks just chases him down and grabs him and Junior seems to taunt him when he gets away he will stand on the other side of the pen and yell at Socks then wait till socks goes after him then run like the dickens.But socks gets so mad he starts shaking I’m afraid Socks is going to really hurt Junior.Is there any reason for all this fighting between the two of them.Its just strange he only goes after Junior doesn’t bother any of the other ducks .Socks is the brown and white one Junior is the one by the pool on the left.
D0541BF7-9B4A-4F86-A3CC-293A44AFF061.jpeg

How many drakes do you have? Perhaps they are fighting over the pecking order and it’s just something they need to work out. I, too have some drakes that pick on each other. I have a lot of ducks and too many are drakes. Most get get along just fine, but I do see a few that like to grab a couple others, but it is never serious. What do you do when this happens? Do you break it up and scold socks? Do you tell them to be good ducks? It may sound crazy, but it is even in research that doing these things can help teach ducks. Ducks like patterns..routine..so if they routinely get scolded...they will learn it is bad to get yelled at...at least that what works here..so far...and what I’ve heard from some others on here too.

Back
Top Bottom