duck belly pouch- normal?

Female ducks develop that pouch as they sexually mature. If it was ascites (fluid) it would be much larger. Just a fun fact females of most species tend to get a pouch near their reproductive organs to be able to adjust internally for eggs and babies. Even humans get that little pouch in their lower abdomen.

Thanks everyone! My mind is definitely at ease. They've all laid before and didn't develop this pouch, so I was worried about it because it's new. :)

Luckily we have a wonderful avian & exotic vet nearby. She wants to double-check on everything *just in case* especially since they aren't currently laying, but it sounds like everything is absolutely fine.

Thank goodness for this forum constantly keeping me out of panic mode. Grateful to you all!

Thanks everyone! My mind is definitely at ease. They've all laid before and didn't develop this pouch, so I was worried about it because it's new. :)

Luckily we have a wonderful avian & exotic vet nearby. She wants to double-check on everything *just in case* especially since they aren't currently laying, but it sounds like everything is absolutely fine.

Thank goodness for this forum constantly keeping me out of panic mode. Grateful to you all!
Whatever happened with your duck and the vet appointment? I hope all is well!

Back
Top Bottom