DUCK BILL MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in Harlan County but there is nobody who will intervene. She is a Park Manager of a State Park and nobody is going to go against her creating her own little sanctuary where she can wound domestic ducks and be proud.
Yes, do tell us again how you are not demonizing the park manager, Gimmeaduck.

I just posted in the BYC's Kentucky state forum, asking residents of the state to read this thread, if they have not, and see if they know anyone or any organization who can rescue the duck, if they feel she needs rescuing.

It is in Harlan County but there is nobody who will intervene. She is a Park Manager of a State Park and nobody is going to go against her creating her own little sanctuary where she can wound domestic ducks and be proud.
I don't think that a rescue cares who she is, if they are alerted of a neglect situation, it's their job to come and intervene. Let me find an organization in that area.

Try this organization. They're in Harlan County, and thier website claims they will help rescue homeless animals. I'm not sure if that applies to your situation, but at the very least you can ask them if they know of anyone in the area that can help you.
https://www.hcfos.org

Try this organization. They're in Harlan County, and thier website claims they will help rescue homeless animals. I'm not sure if that applies to your situation, but at the very least you can ask them if they know of anyone in the area that can help you.
https://www.hcfos.org
I have made my peace with the situation and with the manager. If the relationship between myself and the manager, deteriorate beyond repair, I may go that route. Right now, I would like to maintain the ability to visit the property and at least have some idea of how they are all, how many more are injured or dead and if the flock is increasing.
I am trying to be respectful to her with this situation in hopes eventually she will recognize the situation for what it is and change.

I just received an email from the park manager. She was angry. She told me they are not only losing the duck without a bill but are losing all their ducks and geese.
Personally, I think this is a good thing. HOWEVER, I DIDN'T DO IT. I wanted to do it with some sort of tact and decorum. I wanted her to understand and see the issue for herself and make the changes.
Thank you to whoever did do it, but I am bearing the blame for it, because you did it the wrong way. She is pissed.
Whoever did whatever they did, it worked, they are taking away her flock. She is angry and it is aimed at me. Thanks but now I have this anger to deal with.

I just received an email from the park manager. She was angry. She told me they are not only losing the duck without a bill but are losing all their ducks and geese.
Personally, I think this is a good thing. HOWEVER, I DIDN'T DO IT. I wanted to do it with some sort of tact and decorum. I wanted her to understand and see the issue for herself and make the changes.
Thank you to whoever did do it, but I am bearing the blame for it, because you did it the wrong way. She is pissed.
Whoever did whatever they did, it worked, they are taking away her flock. She is angry and it is aimed at me. Thanks but now I have this anger to deal with.
Why are you assuming some random BYC member did it lol

Um? Why are you blaming some random BYC person for this? Its far more likely that a local did this rather then her. BYC only knew about this for 2 days, its very unlikely that any one would be able to take action so fast.
Also, she would have been pissed either way. Wether you did it, or someone else did, you have no control over that. What is she going to do? Call the cops? She's obviously out in the open now and no one is going to take her side over yours. The good thing is that the ducks are being rescued, maybe you'll get banned from the park, but the only reason you wanted to be there was because of the ducks right? I don't see a huge problem here, and blaming some random person on BYC isn't going to be helpful either.

We are a compassionate bunch, but yeah, I don't think any of us here would step into a situation like that without some sort of connection to the situation.
This is happening awfully fast after the first post here. So, it seems that it must have been in the works already. Generally these things take time.

With the risk of being ignored, I agree with the criticism to a point. It is an emotional situation, and you are reacting because you care. But you need to take a deep breath and think. This "park" sounds terrible, for sure! Sanctuary, my a**! But what can you actually do? Maybe contact organizations? Your state parks association? I'm not 100% sure, and I wish I knew. Allow yourself to be sad and angry, but now I think you need to try something else since you are clearly serious about this. You can't make that woman change her mind (I wish you could!). But what can you do next?

For the record, I WANT you to be successful. I think everyone does (including Gander).
problem is solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom