Duck bloated! Won’t walk- Need help

I’d check her foot at least every other day to make sure you got all the infection for one and that it’s clean and dry and will probably need a fresh bandage anyway. What did you get out of her foot? As for the Cal glu if you gave her some last night give more tonight if no egg. I’d spray each time you change the bandage. And we are not positive she is egg bound but if someone felt one let’s hope she soon lays. When my Muscovy was egg bound she didn’t last long like that. I didn’t know about Cal Glu back then

I’d check her foot at least every other day to make sure you got all the infection for one and that it’s clean and dry and will probably need a fresh bandage anyway. What did you get out of her foot? As for the Cal glu if you gave her some last night give more tonight if no egg. I’d spray each time you change the bandage. And we are not positive she is egg bound but if someone felt one let’s hope she soon lays. When my Muscovy was egg bound she didn’t last long like that. I didn’t know about Cal Glu back then
She just got her first bit of cal glu this afternoon. Our poor welsh harlequin had an even worse infection. We got a huge kernel out of her foot. Her foot was extremely hot and her leg was warm too
BAB926AB-7247-4D72-BFCD-073F9136D17C.jpeg

Good for you. That's why you want to check their feet again in a few days because sometimes there is still an infection we missed and if we don't get it all we'll have to start all over. Glad you were able to get the kernel out you know that has to be painful to walk around on. What about the one that maybe egg bound anything come out of her foot?
Just be sure to keep their foot clean and dry till the scab forms and hardens, healing scab this time.

Good for you. That's why you want to check their feet again in a few days because sometimes there is still an infection we missed and if we don't get it all we'll have to start all over. Glad you were able to get the kernel out you know that has to be painful to walk around on. What about the one that maybe egg bound anything come out of her foot?
Just be sure to keep their foot clean and dry till the scab forms and hardens, healing scab this time.
We gave her more cal glu this morning. I’m guessing she did not lay an egg since she’s still bloated and there was only one Egg in there. I have the two bumble foot patients recovering together. We got more out of the other ducks foot but her infection was way bigger

The first and second year of life for my French Faverolle was a nightmare. Those girls had such tender feet every time I turned around they had bumble, I spent a good bit of time working on them getting them healed only for them to get it again. Thankfully now that they are 4 yrs old they must have toughed those feet up,
so far this year only one has had it. Never a dull moment when you have birds, or any animal actually.

I'm sorry the Cal Glu hasn't produced an egg which means she may not be egg bound but that doesn't mean she isn't an internal layer. With her being so bloated I just can't think what else could be wrong other than a tumor, does she act sick like lethargic not eating or drinking?

The first and second year of life for my French Faverolle was a nightmare. Those girls had such tender feet every time I turned around they had bumble, I spent a good bit of time working on them getting them healed only for them to get it again. Thankfully now that they are 4 yrs old they must have toughed those feet up,
so far this year only one has had it. Never a dull moment when you have birds, or any animal actually.

I'm sorry the Cal Glu hasn't produced an egg which means she may not be egg bound but that doesn't mean she isn't an internal layer. With her being so bloated I just can't think what else could be wrong other than a tumor, does she act sick like lethargic not eating or drinking?
She acts completely fine, other than awkward walking from both bumble foot and bloating. She eats and drinks.

Back
Top Bottom