Duck botulism still alive over 24 hours

I disinfected the entire yard and their coop. I truly have no idea what made her sick to the point of death. I did get another duck for wiggles after I disinfected everything so he has a girl partner now. It’s been hell. I hate losing any. That is waffles and wiggles now. God willing they will be fine. 🙏❤️

Attachments

• B4047839-4608-42F0-B1D9-E1BFAB569B0D.png
    B4047839-4608-42F0-B1D9-E1BFAB569B0D.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 3
Thank you my friend. I remember still Pío and tweety. Still heavy on my heart and the loss now of pebbles prior to that halo and that surgery. All resulted in their passing. So much death. In the middle of all that my husband passed from Covid. Rene was 56. He was my partner in all this and now it’s just me. I missed him to going to get the new duck. I usually went with him on these adventures.

Thank you my friend. I remember still Pío and tweety. Still heavy on my heart and the loss now of pebbles prior to that halo and that surgery. All resulted in their passing. So much death. In the middle of all that my husband passed from Covid. Rene was 56. He was my partner in all this and now it’s just me. I missed him to going to get the new duck. I usually went with him on these adventures.
I am so very sorry you lost your sweet husband and your ducks too! So much heartbreak. Just know we’re always here. ♥️

I am so very sorry you lost your sweet husband and your ducks too! So much heartbreak. Just know we’re always here. ♥️
Thank you so much. Wiggles is doing great with waffles his new girl but the botulism has me freaked out I am afraid of it ever happening again. It happened in 2019 and 2022 with pebbles now. Twice and I am always cautious. No clue what could have caused this. What law should I spray on the yard to keep it safe?

I'm not sure what you can spray on the lawn. I'd be concerned about any water that might be around if it's stagnant. She may have found some metal too. When we have heavy rains is not uncommon to find a screw that has washed up somewhere usually on the walk the birds use.

Back
Top Bottom